Building Toyota engine

4Runner

I know how everyone feels about the 3.0l Toyota engine but I love my motor. It has 170,000 or less, and I found a web site that has performance parts. I'm wondering if any one has done this and how they feel about this. Was also considering doing headers long tubes or shorties.http://doaracingengines.com/6-cylinder-engine/v6-internal-parts/

I know it's expensive and I know I have a lot of other choices as in motor swaps and such. If this does not work out I do have a LT1 I have been building for this build but I keep coming back to this idea. Thanks in advance

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Maybe its just me, but if I had an LT1 that I have already been working on, even if I didn't but it was an option, I wouldn't even think about the 3.slow. Hell I don't know if I would take my 3.4 over it. I haven't looked into the LT1 as far as rebuild, but I can't imagine it much more to rebuild that a 3.0. I personally would take the LT1 (Just my opinion)

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Up to you if you want to keep the 3VZE. Lots of guys hate them, I've never had one so I can't speak to that, but I think it'd be much easier to hang onto the 3.0 than get into a motor swap. I think with quality head gaskets and a header you could have a reliable motor, but I'd stop there. I certainly wouldn't try and build the thing. Once you get started down that road with the 3.0, a motor swap IS easier and cheaper.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
"Everyone" feels the way they do about the 3.0, for good reason. ;) Aftermarket companies also make performance parts for the GM 2.8 V6, but that doesn't mean it's worth building. :D