Bureau of Land “Management” going after the swell now

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Okay, after some time in the north swell this week here is my theory on whats going on in at least this area, specifically Cedar Mountain area. From the tracks I tried to follow on the TMP they seem to fall into 3 categories. 1) on the back end or front end of private property. 2) Where "primitive" camping is currently occurring. 3) No longer exist.

My theory is they are going to do to the whole swell what they have done to Buckhorn Wash. If people like to camp somewhere they're going to "close it", "improve it" and charge to camp in that spot. If it's just a neat little exploration bit, closed, no fun allowed. You'll camp where we tell you and like it. Somewhat limiting access since a limited amount of designated "improved" spots will be available along current main tracks.

The closures in the Mexican Mountain area looked like the same type to me. Spur road.... naw closed. Fire ring and a beautiful scenery to enjoy... naw closed.

Question for the knowledgable land use folks. Is it allowed to have a private gate blocking (locked) over a road on BLM land blocking access to a road beyond the private property on BLM land?

In one specific case, I ran into a gate was clearly still on BLM property with just shy of a kilometer to what all three maps I used show as the line. I mean talk about free acreage.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Okay, after some time in the north swell this week here is my theory on whats going on in at least this area, specifically Cedar Mountain area. From the tracks I tried to follow on the TMP they seem to fall into 3 categories. 1) on the back end or front end of private property. 2) Where "primitive" camping is currently occurring. 3) No longer exist.

My theory is they are going to do to the whole swell what they have done to Buckhorn Wash. If people like to camp somewhere they're going to "close it", "improve it" and charge to camp in that spot. If it's just a neat little exploration bit, closed, no fun allowed. You'll camp where we tell you and like it. Somewhat limiting access since a limited amount of designated "improved" spots will be available along current main tracks.

The closures in the Mexican Mountain area looked like the same type to me. Spur road.... naw closed. Fire ring and a beautiful scenery to enjoy... naw closed.

Question for the knowledgable land use folks. Is it allowed to have a private gate blocking (locked) over a road on BLM land blocking access to a road beyond the private property on BLM land?

In one specific case, I ran into a gate was clearly still on BLM property with just shy of a kilometer to what all three maps I used show as the line. I mean talk about free acreage.

Location of gate?

It depends on the history of the route, the County's road claim (D roads), BLM road designations, etc.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
There's a corral and a couple cabins or something just north of there.

1712292682821.png

I don't see a thru road. I'm guessing some rancher has that range lease and sweet talked the BLM into letting them gate it to "protect their operations".

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
There's a corral and a couple cabins or something just north of there.

View attachment 171479

I don't see a thru road. I'm guessing some rancher has that range lease and sweet talked the BLM into letting them gate it to "protect their operations".
I saw the buildings when I was researching, on my map the road continues an additional 3 miles on the north side of the private property.

1712293298455.png