Bustin out my project just before moab

chadbuckner

Oh what a feeling..Toyota
I swaped in the v6 third with the spool on one night (2.5 hrs) then the next night I went to jeeptj38's shop and we were there from 9:00 pm till 3:00am making brakets for the 63" chevy swap as well as moving shocks and exhaust (so I could move the shocks to where I wanted them....on the cross member where the exahust mounted up). and finishing my bumper and removable mud flaps. we then spent the next day from 11:30 am till about 4:30pm doing the chevy spring swap torching off the old brackets and mounting the new ones. here are some pics: oh and the credit for the actual making of the spring brackets goes to tyler I was busy dinkin with the shocks and exahust. so thanks Tyler!!:D and that mountain dew in the bottom pic is probably the only thing that kept me awake that night, as well as some awesome chicken wings his lady friend (sorry I forgot her name) brought from colorado. the next day it was 20 $0.49 tacos!!!! a few of which helped me survive the weekend down in moab. We finished this at about 4:30 and I left around 5:30 for moab, talk about last minute!!!

Last edited:

chadbuckner

more pics, and yup for the ubolt plates thats 3/4 in steel plate that tyler had lying around his shop. The drill press made light work of that.:D and yes I am going to chop off those ubolts as soon as I get some bump stops and I might go with a small block in order to level her back out....she sits kinda low in the rear

Last edited:

chadbuckner

They are 63" chevy springs off of any full size chevy or gm truck from 88-98 2wd are 3 leafs plus overload and 4wd are 4leafs plus overload, I payed about 90 for the pair but that was 75 plus shipping costs from a guy in cali. they work great and are quite flexy. I think that the 2wd are great for pickups and if I were you with all the stuff you put in your xj go 4wd ones you can always experiment with them, and if they are too stiff then take out a leaf. I might put a 2 inch block in still cause I sit a little low in the rear but you shouldn't pay more than $75 -$80 for a pair. I had a hard time finding some for cheap around here so I looked on the pirate board and found some. they are LONG and flat so you might have to do some modifications to get them just as you want them. but they are the best bang for your buck ask any toyota driver. on yotas because the frame jumps up in the rear they gime me about 3 inches of lift. no Idea for xj's don't you have a unibody??? that might make for some interesting modifications.

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
Check the Chevy dealers....I used to hook my Yota buddys up with these same springs all the time in Phoenix. We replace all kinds of leafs at the dealer.....LOTS and they just sit out back or get dumped if the vehicle isn't warranty.