Buying a Toyota - What to Look For?

EROK81?

Sell out
After driving a lifted 2wd truck for the past five years and just getting back from Moab with said truck, I have decided that 2wd is pointless and it is time to buy another 4wd.

With that said I am looking at buying an older Toyota. Being that I am a former Jeep owner and complete n00b to Toyota's, maybe you guys can offer some assistance.

So...is there anything to look for when I am buying said Toyota? I know the general year differences and am not a complete n00b when it comes to modifying stuff and can probably find that online...things like using Chevy springs etc.

Anyway...I am probably looking to spend 2k at most on a bone stock stock truck and can do 3500 on something already semi built.

90 cherokee

look for a 22re or 3.4, unless you like the old unreliable 3.slow that has like 2 more horse then a 22e with with 3 times worse gas mileage! :)

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I didn't notice if the later '90s Tacoma with the 2.7 sold.. If not, that's your huckleberry..

Too lazy to look in the classifieds.. It was posted a few weeks ago..

90 cherokee

I didn't notice if the later '90s Tacoma with the 2.7 sold.. If not, that's your huckleberry..

x2, carbs arent that bad put a weber on it and call it goood! or efi swap it.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
toyota-hilux-front-f3q-1.jpg

EROK81?

Sell out

Was it green and an extended cab? If that's it, that one sold.

x2, carbs arent that bad put a weber on it and call it goood! or efi swap it.

Yeah, I had a carb on my jeep for a while and it wasn't too bad. Plus the one I am looking a already has a weber as well.:)

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Ya that's the one that I was thinking of. Amazing deal.. amazing..

I wouldn't rule out the 3.0 completely. You can find decent 3.0's, then later downt he road upgrade to a 3.4 when it blows up.

My bro in law might be selling his '95 SR5 4Runner w/ OME susp lift, 33" Maxxis Bighorns, and 15" LC 5 spoke wheels.. It's blue.. 3.0 and a 5 speed. Newer motor was dealer installed, and has regular maintenance by a retired Toy tech.. I'd rock it.