C4 auto transmission & NP205 transfer case

Shaolinshawn

Does any one have any info about the C4 auto transmission & NP205 transfer case i am conecting the c4 to a 390 is the trany a good one or is their a better auto to use with a 390 ?? I was told the np203 transfer case is a full time four wheel drive and can this be used in a dual transfer case set up.

Thanks any info would be great :greg:

Geepfreak

I'm here.
You can do the doubling with the 205 and 203, heavy but will work... as for the C4, I have seen 2 c4's get destroyed being behind a blown 302, I would be very hesitent to put it behind a 390. granted the blown and stroked 302 had more power than a stock 390,, but would make me worry.

my opinion from what I've seen. that is all.

Rick B

S.E. Utah Native
Unless you need the C4 because of the length you'd be far better off with a C6. Far more common, cheaper, stronger, all around a better tranny.

Matt

Hickey said:
I disagree on those two points.
Hey stick to driving the chip wagon, c6's are more common and stronger. and i'm pretty sure a c4 will only bolt up to a big block with a bell housing change. :rolleyes:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Matt said:
Hey stick to driving the chip wagon, c6's are more common and stronger. and i'm pretty sure a c4 will only bolt up to a big block with a bell housing change. :rolleyes:
C6's are more expensive to build, and your last point is lame. Matchew. :D

Matt

I'm getting there slowly, speaking of which when you going to help me do the 4-link with waggy axles on the Zuk! :D