C6 auto tranny?

rjmax

The other Paco
Does anyone know what a working C6 automatic transmission is worth? I know it is attached to a Borg Warner t-case but not sure what model it is. It is out of a mid-80's Ford truck. Any information is appreciated.

R

rockdog

rjmax said:
Does anyone know what a working C6 automatic transmission is worth? I know it is attached to a Borg Warner t-case but not sure what model it is. It is out of a mid-80's Ford truck. Any information is appreciated.
You wouldn't be talk'n about the one I have for sale would you? :ugh: That description sounds just like it. :D

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
ebay sellers are asking $300 but getting no bidders at that price. Theirs are rebuilt with zero miles and come with extras. See item #7957158140 for a sample.

FYI - I had this info in front of me, so I will pass it along. C6's are concidered a heavy transmission, gears are:
2.46:1
1.46:1
1:1

R

rockdog

rusted said:
ebay sellers are asking $300 but getting no bidders at that price. Theirs are rebuilt with zero miles and come with extras. See item #7957158140 for a sample.

FYI - I had this info in front of me, so I will pass it along. C6's are concidered a heavy transmission, gears are:
2.46:1
1.46:1
1:1
I have a hard time believeing somebodys going to totaly rebuild a c6 and then sell it to me for 300 bucks.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I am with you. The rebuild will cost more than that, this guy would be losing his shorts. Just leads me to believe that a C6 is not worth much.

R

rockdog

Not sure what they go for in a wrecking yard. I'm not a ford person, but I do know they were the strongest auto trans made by ford for a long time. I know more about chevs and most people that knew ford stuff always compared em to a turbo 400. If thats true they're pretty stought. I would think that a good price for an auto trans that works good would'nt be less than $100. I think a trans shop might charge nearly that much for a core.
just my .02 If you dont agree. Post up your opinions. So he knows a fair price.

rockdog said:
I'm not a ford person, but I do know they were the strongest auto trans made by ford for a long time.

They still are. In my opinion the C6 is the best tranny Ford ever produced. The only problem with them is the lack of OD. But they're pretty bullet proof in stock form.

rjmax

The other Paco
rockdog said:
You wouldn't be talk'n about the one I have for sale would you? :ugh: That description sounds just like it. :D

I think so. I (my dad) need the engine but not the tranny or t-case. Are you willing to separate them? :sick:

R

rockdog

rjmax said:
I think so. I (my dad) need the engine but not the tranny or t-case. Are you willing to separate them? :sick:
I've already got two guys that want the engine, sorry. :(

bigred

I need a c-6 trans for cheap

I took my bronco to a trans shop and they wanted $1400.00 for one. dang $300 is cheap.