Cab swap progress pics

Caleb

are there really axles under there??:confused: it looks like there isn;t any there...hey I know the feeling of them never moving:( atleast not under their own power...

Bones

Originally posted by Skyetone
still scary to see the sig line :)
I can change it....nah! :D

Looks like a stubby bed eh...
yup! Xcab on a 103" frame :D Bed will be wider than it will be long. MIGHT be getting a Tacoma bed to double bob and use..that'd be kinda different. Just needs to be painted now. and decide on a color.

I LOVE when people put there tires in the pic.
LOL, I don't have much more room to put all this garbage. If my rear third was set up I'd be on the rears. Still need the space up front to attach the front clip to.

Bones

Clip is on, everything lined up pretty good considering my front clip was in a flop and the donor cab was in a wreck. Doors shut, hood shuts, gaps are pretty consistant...I'm happy.

I even dig the pimp ass window tint. It's stayin'!

Next up wiring and dash, then the bed

Bones

Also installed the Front Range Off-Road Frame Brace I got from sending some misc interior panels to Brian in trade. Worked out for both of us.

frame_brace_installed_064_lg.jpg

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Whats with the brace? You cut out the old box and weld in a new one? Or is it like a sleeve?
What are you welding your sheetmetal with... I'm in the market for a mig. Just dunno what one yet. 115 - or 220 lincoln

Bones

Whats with the brace? You cut out the old box and weld in a new one? Or is it like a sleeve?
What are you welding your sheetmetal with... I'm in the market for a mig. Just dunno what one yet. 115 - or 220 lincoln
It's just a 1/4" plate welded to the front of the frame. It's thinner there with losta "speed" holes, and prone to denting.

I use a Hobart 175. It's a 220V jobber with C-25 gas and 0.030 wire. I've only use this and a Miller 185?? Damn near the same welder and parts.