Call for Help!

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
Just back from American Fork Canyon 4 wheeler trip with some friends.

Remember when Meat sent his wheeler over the edge up at the top of Mary Ellen Gulch? My friend sent his over in about the same place. It ended up stopped by a rock the size of a Volkswagen, which is only a couple yards off of one of the switch backs towards the bottom (yes it did the whole 150 yard or so tumble).

Can anyone give me information on my friend's situation with the Park service? Any thoughts on how to get it out of there? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hoping the weather holds out and that a recovery expedition can be organized next weekend.

Chad

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
No injuries, My friend said he felt it going over and bailed off it.

Some time back, two big slides right at the top by the mine slide over the road. I was there shortly after it slide.

IMG_0006.jpg

Since then wheelers have beaten a tail over it, but my friend somehow lost it going over it.

IMG_0001-1.jpg

It was a newer model Polaris 800.

I was ahead at the second pile right at the mine, when I saw the bike rolling out of the corner of my eye

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
If it's in view, I wouldn't wait a week to get it out. You might get up there and not find anything. Even more so now that the general location is published on the web.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Sorry you have to be on the forum at least in the last year before a post for help can happen;) Good to see you back Chad, too bad its not under better circumstances. Let us know if it goes down next weekend

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
Just back from MEG, what a glorious place ... love it up there. We got the quad out just fine., no one hurt, pieces out, my buddy is bummed out, but unhurt.

I've been teasing him all day ... the song "I'll never smoke weed with willy again" He's singing I'll never go wheeling with adams again.

Bart

Timp buddy, where you been man? I'm guessing by the pic the rescue has been done. Wish I would have known. Hope all is well.