calling anyone within reach of Vernon/Stockton

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Howdy all..

an idiot friend of mine stuck the family truck into some mud about due west of the chemical weapons depot... it's fairly mucky out there, the XJ got in and out ok on BFG AT's (thank God for the side lugs though.. :( ), but there are no hooks on it and it's muddier where he's stuck anyway.

If ANYONE has a winch or other suitably equipped vehicle and can help get him out of there tonight, that would be great and I would owe you one on his behalf. Plus, you can charge him. :)

If anyone can help out, please give me a call at 435-224-2453.

Thanks!
Tacoma

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
no one wants to tax this fool? quick yank, pull him out! Who needs beer money? Argh. I'm gonna have to go back tomorrow. This sucks! hahahaha

If his kids weren't with him I'd have left his stupid ass there... unprepared, under-trucked motherfu... doooohhhh! never mind. :mad2:

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Im always willing for a vehicler recovery, where exactly is this Im still not too familier with all the little towns. Whats the nearest BIG town. And yes I have a winch.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

well... I got his punk ass out. Blazer worked good! :D

I did manage to spear the nice new tow strap I made that asshat buy though... the ball I had at home didn't fit the hitch, so I looped a chain through the strap and around the front tow hooks... one side got loose, and impaled the loop on the strap.
Made him dig all the way around all the tires, after I broke his shovel in the first 5 minutes... Hacked out a couple sagebrushes, stuck some 2x4 chunks under the wheels and pulled like hell...
and then when he almost buried it again, I yanked him up a hill backwards (hey! any Bowie fans out there LOL ) until we were out of the mud.
On the way out I damn near flipped over when the rearend got away from me... heheheh caught a bump and tipped quite a bit! but I was sliding up a hill and it worked out. Very snotty mud tonight, let me tell you. I was in 4wd the whole time, real greasy. I got a tow strap out of it, and I got to threaten his life if it happens again. Made me miss dinner twice, damnit. :mad2:

Lessons?
A. do not go into a mud flat with freakin' bald street tires.
B. A StupidDuty Diesel cannot go anywhere, it is a heavy PIG.
C. A StupidDuty Diesel on bald street tires can go even less places.
D. If you should find yourself in mud, do not head downhill to the wetter areas.
E. A good sign that traction is leaving the area is when all the shrubbery and plants are missing. No plants+water= you're in either mud or rocks.
F. If someone tells you there are no tow hooks on their XJ, do not insult them by looking when they show up to save your children from your stupidity by giving you all a ride home. It's bad manners.

so many more, but what's the point?

anyway, here's some pics. See how nice and clean my rims stayed? hahahahah

Attachments

• DSC04945.jpg
    DSC04945.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC04943.jpg
    DSC04943.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC04952.jpg
    DSC04952.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 24

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
oh yeah:

an honest THANK YOU to those who offered... I really appreciate the sentiment. If any of y'all find yerselves in a predicament, get in touch. If I can, I'll help out. Seriously!

fjcruisin

OK so my linky thingy to the above pics didn't work :rolleyes: so see above pics that you have already seen if you got this far :D :D

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
the COMPLETE lack of tread may have something to do with the lack of mud on the truck..... The drive out didn't muddy it up too much either, just splash, mostly. I hate that truck. So far it's eaten a transmission, t-case, t-case adapter, 2 rear driveshafts, has a perpetual electrical gremlin, there is a buzzer that comes on at random and won't shut off, and the bumpers are made of tinfoil. I kicked one and bent it once. And the driver of course, thinks it a freakin' hovercraft or something.

It does have very nice tow hooks though. I want some of those. :eek: :ugh: :D

mine on the other hand, sounded like a war driving in AND out with all the mud flinging against the fenderwells... :D

fjcruisin

Tacoma said:
the COMPLETE lack of tread may have something to do with the lack of mud on the truck..... The drive out didn't muddy it up too much either, just splash, mostly. I hate that truck. So far it's eaten a transmission, t-case, t-case adapter, 2 rear driveshafts, has a perpetual electrical gremlin, there is a buzzer that comes on at random and won't shut off, and the bumpers are made of tinfoil. I kicked one and bent it once. And the driver of course, thinks it a freakin' hovercraft or something.

It does have very nice tow hooks though. I want some of those. :eek: :ugh: :D

mine on the other hand, sounded like a war driving in AND out with all the mud flinging against the fenderwells... :D
Gotta love them F88ds ehh, sounds like you are gettin' in some last minute fun in the Jeep since you'll be driiving a Bronco soon :D . Looks like fun....have you ever thought about buying some chains,bbwwwaaahhhhhaaaa...

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I hate Fords. Really. :eek: :mad: :mad2: :mad2:

hahahah *sigh* I kind of miss the Jeep... but not really. That Blazer is a good start but just wait.... MOOOAHAHAHAHAH

It's big and has a nice crush zone behind the kids. I like that!

see you tomorrow