Camera Experts...suggestions

Caleb

Ok, a few weeks ago I dropped my camera by accident :rolleyes: . Now it takes fuzzy pictures so I assume the lense was knocked out of focus. Its a Canon A80 so it is a decent camera that I have hardly used. Is it worth it to send it in to get fixed (if they can), is there a local place around here that could do it? or is it gong to be costly to have that done? Can they re-calibrate the lense?

Pissed me off cause I didn't know it took crappy pictures till after I got back from my cancun vacation, so all the pics I took down there turned out crappy :-\

ace

Parts Collector
Inkley's on state just south of 21st repaired an expensive lense for me once. They had to send it off, and it cost about $100. It had something to do with breaking the track that moves the lense in and out when you turn to focus.

Caleb

ace said:
Inkley's on state just south of 21st repaired an expensive lense for me once. They had to send it off, and it cost about $100. It had something to do with breaking the track that moves the lense in and out when you turn to focus.

Cool, I'll have to give them a call and see if they can do it. Thanks

embabe

My own epidemic!
I agree-- Inkleys is pretty much the only place to go. However, in past experience, they charge $150-$200 just to look at it, and often times they have to send it out to get it fixed and you'll end up paying for that too. Then again I own an SLR, so digital might be a whole different story.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I messed up my lens on may cannon EOS.... it was going to cost more to fix it than to just get a new one. I ended up buying one on line that was way cheeper than anything locally..... lets see.... I think the company was called...Ritz.com or something like that, let me check.

Caleb

Shawn said:
I messed up my lens on may cannon EOS.... it was going to cost more to fix it than to just get a new one. I ended up buying one on line that was way cheeper than anything locally..... lets see.... I think the company was called...Ritz.com or something like that, let me check.

thats what I keep thinking...especially an A80 (they are discontinued), I can get a new one on clearance from CompUSA for only $200...

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
embabe said:
I agree-- Inkleys is pretty much the only place to go. However, in past experience, they charge $150-$200 just to look at it, and often times they have to send it out to get it fixed and you'll end up paying for that too. Then again I own an SLR, so digital might be a whole different story.

Screw Inkleys they can't even process negatives without scratching them, take it to Picture Line down on 240 S 200 E, Their the best camera place in town.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
Your all wrong the only place to take it is to Fosters Camera repair... they do excellent work and they are cheaper than the two that have already been listed... I will not take my cameras (digital and 35mm) to anyone else. They come recommended by allot of the top photogs in Utah. They are located about 2900 south and 2nd west... you will need to get their exact location from the phone book...

Another thing they guarentee their work and do it right there in house!

John

muleskinner

gijohn40 said:
Your all wrong the only place to take it is to Fosters Camera repair... they do excellent work and they are cheaper than the two that have already been listed... I will not take my cameras (digital and 35mm) to anyone else. They come recommended by allot of the top photogs in Utah. They are located about 2900 south and 2nd west... you will need to get their exact location from the phone book...

Another thing they guarentee their work and do it right there in house!

John

I'll second Forsters, they are the best. (I believe that's where Pictureline has their cameras serviced.)