Camp 4X4 on Sep 29th.

great scott

The Castle Country King Crawlers will be holding our first ever Camp 4X4 on September 29th. This is a FREE 4X4 clinic designed to teach the newbies basic skills. It is not for the hard core wheeler but rather to help those new to our sport to keep out of trouble and on the trails.
There will be several stations scattered around the 4X4 Park in Price(home of the King Challenge) on the south west corner of the fair grounds. We start at 9am and finish at noon. Then we will head out to run Curse Canyon for a bit of fun and to put some skills to use. Stations/classes will include; know before you go/prep, proper land use/BLM & FS, basic obstacles and techniques, GPS and navigation, extraction, and vehicle modifications.
All are welcome even if you know how to wheel. Did I mention it is FREE!. We are using funds earned by the King Challenge to cover the costs. So spread the word as this is great time in list some new enthusiast to our sport/cause.

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind
This should be a great event... there is a lot of fun planned and its always good to hone your 4x4 skills. This is in coordination with National Public Lands Day. The BLM and Forest Service will be there to answer any questions, and make sure all wheelers' are up to date on the happenings... Proper land use and such...

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind
This is just around the corner... After talking to great scott everything sounds to be ready to go and should be a really good learning experience, even if you already think you know it all its going to be a good re-fresher. Remember this is for NPLD and even if you dont think you need to learn anything come volunteer your time for the cause!

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Turn out could have been better, but I think it helped the BLM see the value of teaching not closing :rolleyes:.

Personally I think all of these type of events should have some education to them. I'd rather hear the same 10 minute speach of not going off the trail then to have my trails taken away.

toy4fun

Hope it went well... I heard a radio spot for this on my way through town last week. Kudos on the publicity :cool:

We were a little late but we made it out, I heard the radio spot also and it was a last minute thing and we could not stay for the trail ride but glade we got out there :D Thanks to all that made it happen:cool:
47b7ce24b3127ccebd19af29b04500000026109AbN2zFk4cS
47b7ce24b3127ccebd19af1a314600000026109AbN2zFk4cS