Camping at forest lake

shmoesmith

I was wondering if it is legal to camp at forest lake or not...dont want to get chewed out for being somewhere that i wasnt supposed to be with a fire etc....BTW, I went up AF canyon last week and I asked them if there were any trail closures. I was advised that the only trails and areas closed, had signs clearly posted. I also asked for a map of the area or any pamplet or some sort of info that could let me know which places were roads, trails,or roads open only to atv(not 4x4) etc. The ranger advised me that they do not provide any of that information on paper or in another form since everything should be clearly posted as 4x4, atv, horse/hikie only. So....I didnt see anything posted about forest lake being closed to anything and want to know if i can camp there with a fire or not.

thanks all.

-Doug

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Yes you can camp at Forest Lake and as of today, you can still have an open pit fire (on the ground).

Just remember, though they make every attempt to close of and sign closed trails... it is to be considered closed unless you KNOW it is open...

Open
Forest Lake
Mary Ellen Gulch
Major Evans Gulch to the end of the road.
Miller Hill
Road to Midway

Closed
Pitsburg Lake
Silver Glance Lake

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

No worries, knowing is half the battle ;)

duke.jpg

gotta love the GI-JOE references...

as has been said before, we have to be extra careful on Forrest Service land, They have more power than anyone else in land management this side of the president....

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Camping at Forest Lake is OK, however, mudding in the lake is a BIG no-no. A couple of my friends got LARGE fines a couple of years ago for it. Ranger said any part of the tire touching water is considered mudding.