Camping Suggestions.

JeeperG

Ok got some freinds that want to do some camping this summer, I wanna do some wheeling, they want fishing. Where is some good places to combine the two?

Are there any decent trails near Bear Lake?

Doesn't have to be real hard trails just something to explore and see.

JeeperG

Supergper said:
I know its not too original but AFC fits that bill quite nicely.
Well I was thinking that but I have only been that way once, probably would do seeing a few of the friends are really poor college students and closer the better. How is fishing up there?

PolarXJ

HO-P
The skyline drive in really nice also. Start down by Fairview and head south, there are alot of lakes you can head to.

Caleb

JeeperG said:
Well I was thinking that but I have only been that way once, probably would do seeing a few of the friends are really poor college students and closer the better. How is fishing up there?

Honestly I can't stand fishing (coming from someone that used to fish for a living :p) so I can't really tell ya how it is up there. I can say that at times it gets very busy with people fishing so its got to atleast be decent.

JeeperG

Supergper said:
Honestly I can't stand fishing (coming from someone that used to fish for a living :p) so I can't really tell ya how it is up there. I can say that at times it gets very busy with people fishing so its got to atleast be decent.
Yea I haven't had a fishing liscense since like 1996 :eek: Guess wheeling kinda took away my interest.

Jeeptj98

JeeperG said:
Ok got some freinds that want to do some camping this summer, I wanna do some wheeling, they want fishing. Where is some good places to combine the two?

Are there any decent trails near Bear Lake?

Doesn't have to be real hard trails just something to explore and see.

There are Trails all over around Bear Lake. Miles and Miles of them that you could just go and explore. I go up there all the time.

Cory

I little farther from the Wasatch front is Boulder mountain. Hundreds of little lakes, ponds, and streams with some big fish in a few of the lakes. Also miles of dirt roads and even a few trails that might rate 3 to 3.5.

jeep-man-dan

guther66 said:
The skyline drive in really nice also. Start down by Fairview and head south, there are alot of lakes you can head to.

Is the Skyline DR. open to 4x4's yet???

I kinda want to go there this coming weekend but I have heard that some parts stay closed untill July. Does anyone know the status of that area (particularly above the Fairview portion)?

81Ramchargerman

Why don't you just come up to Idaho where all the rest of the 'Utahans' come to fish...and hunt... :rolleyes:

Sorry couldn't resist, every one up here complains about it... :rofl:
I was just being a smarta**. :hickey: :greg:

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
jeep-man-dan said:
Is the Skyline DR. open to 4x4's yet???

I kinda want to go there this coming weekend but I have heard that some parts stay closed untill July. Does anyone know the status of that area (particularly above the Fairview portion)?

Usually above fairview is open, but you won't be able to get over to Ephraim Canyon probably until July this year. There is always a huge snow bank at the "cut". You can barely get anywhere up Ephraim canyon. It'll be June before it'll be open to skyline.

Cory

81Ramchargerman said:
Why don't you just come up to Idaho where all the rest of the 'Utahans' come to fish...and hunt... :rolleyes:

QUOTE]

We have to go to Idaho, because Utah gets filled up by all the people coming up from Las Vegas to get out of the heat. Last year I was up Duck creek by Cedar and there were 5 Nevada plates for every 1 Utah plate.

Last edited: