Can I fit 33's under my sami

lilsamiman

Stupid TV, be more funny!
It is sprung over with longer shackles, with some still lively springs. I am pretty sure that I could clear them but any other sami owners run into problems rubbing or anything. Oh and how fast can you still run on the road. I am geared down with a .020 bored motor.

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
They will definitely fit. With open diffs I say go for it. In my experience once you are locked up with 33's, you will start breaking stuff with stock axles.

zukking01

What is your ratio in all gear sets other than stock? What engine mods do you have besides the .020 over? What speed can you do now and what tire size do you have currently?

blazinzuk

I ran 33s for a long time but had about 3" more lift than just a springover. I had a weber carb, header, an ignition, calmini cam, and a shaved head on my motor with 5.38s and a 4-1 case I could run about 65-70 pretty easily, above 70 rpms got a bit high. One trip to SLC I ran about 80 on every flat surface, and I did have a tailwind.

Verceingetorix

You should be able to clear the 33" I had a spring over and I ran 33" timberlines on a 3.25" backspaced wheel. I only rubbed when fully compressed or at full turn but not enough to cause damage or wheeling limitations. As for driving on the street mine did fine even on the highway. I ran 5.13 in the diffs, 4.89 in the T-case, a bigger cam and a header.
If your zuk isn't geared you will hate the 33" on the street and on the trail.

lilsamiman

I have stock R&P but 4:1 t-case. On the engine I have intake and header to larger exhuast. So I should be okay to turn them. I havent retuned my carb, but will that really do all THAT much. I am on 31's now and do 65-70 on flat with no wind. Also to take a side path, what do you all think about boggers. I am not really looking for performance as much coolness. Thanks again all

Last edited:

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I am not really looking for performance as much coolness. Thanks again all

if your just going for coolness then do whatever you want to make it cool looking... and as people are passing you on the roads they can admire your coolness... and hopefully not give you the "YOUR NUMBER 1" finger... lol

lilsamiman

You guys really dont have anything better to say? I am not strictly for coolness, I am looking for serious answers about how well boggers do all around.