Jeep Cancer Motivated me to build my FSJ

blznnp

looks good man. always good to have something to work on to try and get your mind off of everything. my neighbor back in washington got colon cancer maybe a year and half ago. definitely a tough thing to deal. lets us know if you need any help any time.

Coco

All I can say is WOW!! You have inspired me in more ways than one!! I know where your coming from on the cancer front tho, I currently have 2 uncles both with cancer. Thoughts and prayers will be with you for sure, and let me know if you ever need a helping hand, or someone to chat with while working. I am OK at fab work, but wouldnt say I am great ;)

I am Subscribed to this :D

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Been there at stage 4 as well. I kicked its ass and am 13 years NEOD. Underneath my name says what I live by. Fight Til You Die!

401fsj

Wow! thanks for all the support. so getting into the tranny, wich I have always been scared of rebuilding an auto, always been told its way to complicated. guess what, its not. Go slow and fallow the book stay organized. not that big o deal. at least so farr.

I would have at least this much space. I used it all to spred out and stay organized

Attachments

• IMAG0179.jpg
    IMAG0179.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 19

401fsj

Sorry I got a little funny with my lap top. thats a pic of my balls. so I know where they go back. This is my work space that my good cousin let me use in his shop.

401fsj

And inside a few nice surprises. Its no wander it didnt work. she had for sure seen some heat.

Attachments

• IMAG0184.jpg
    IMAG0184.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0187.jpg
    IMAG0187.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0188.jpg
    IMAG0188.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 14

wagonmaster

ONE TON 'O WAGON
Great to see some more FSJ addictions! It is fun to be out cruising around town in a good ole FSJ. FSJ's get great response from the public! Once it is going you will totally enjoy it! Hope all goes well with the cancer!

401fsj

I have always been a big fan of the fsj. I had a wrangler for a minute, but never had enuf space for anything. My cousin turned me on to fsj world. He evan found and pulled home with me the one i have now. In the mean time I have had 3 xj's and two other fsj's. but now I just have the one I started with.

401fsj

I would love to see more fsj's you all have out there. lets see some pics of your rides and ideas.

ok now onto my build where the world was I.

Attachments

• IMAG0190.jpg
    IMAG0190.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMAG0210.jpg
    IMAG0210.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 3

401fsj

sorry Im still trying to finger out this high tech fancy interweb stuff.

So as we can see the case is empty yah. now onto the scary part.
For almost as long as I knew what what was i have wanted a 205/203 doubler. so I dug up a 203 and a 205. unfortunetly for now I decided to just go 205 for the funds that i have. but i still have 203 for when My sugar mama finishes school.

401fsj

So to get the 205 to stick to the amc speck th400. I would have to swap out output shafts. from quadratrack super long 10 spline to short chevy 32 spline.

Attachments

• IMAG0237.jpg
    IMAG0237.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMAG0244.jpg
    IMAG0244.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMAG0238.jpg
    IMAG0238.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 2

401fsj

pice o cake, swap went easy. now i have a chevy tranny that will bolt to the amc 401 and a np205. bullet proof set up I hear.
moving on with the rebuild.

Attachments

• IMAG0215.jpg
    IMAG0215.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0218.jpg
    IMAG0218.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAG0222.jpg
    IMAG0222.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0225.jpg
    IMAG0225.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 5

401fsj

ya I like to try and clean as i go. I got a big bunch o crap about it. Iv seen gyes put on carbs manifolds, whatever and all I can think is all the dirt and gunk going in.

401fsj

Going back together so far so good. Just going slow and fallowing the book. first in the new used 32 spline output shaft.

Attachments

• IMAG0245.jpg
    IMAG0245.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMAG0246.jpg
    IMAG0246.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0250.jpg
    IMAG0250.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 2