South-East Utah Can't find the thread....

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
Someone help me if ya can please. A while back(month maybe) someone was talking about a trail in southeast Utah. It was a 2 day trip in and out. It's not a loop. Had some killer scenery and ruins I believe... There was a link to another site.... Utahbackcountry or something. I searched that site too and just can't remember what it was. I read a ton of trip reports on here and whatnot so I can't recall. I was hoping to take my family down in the next few weeks and do that trail for our first campout of the year.... Anyone recall that thread? Thanks

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'm guessing it's one of DAA's reports. Southeast Utah, ruins, hiking and backcountry.com link are all signs of a Dave trip report. Did it include stunningly beautiful photos as well?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

sixstringsteve

FYI, the trail has changed since that report in 2009. There was a big landslide that took out part of the side trails in the area.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
FYI, the trail has changed since that report in 2009. There was a big landslide that took out part of the side trails in the area.

The EU report?

"The trail used to go through Lake Canyon but the route washed out and became impassable to vehicles in March of 2009. The updated routing is shown as a solid red line on both halves of the map. The Lake Canyon routing is the dashed red line on the north map. You will not be able to drive past the washout shown on the map.

The new trail entrance on Hwy 276 is easy to find thanks to a metal “Hole in the Rock” sign. This new segment is clearly marked with colored ribbons, painted dashes on the bare slickrock sections and some occasional road signs."

Shows the washout on the map too!

For some more eye candy to get you salivating :cool:
http://www.expeditionutah.com/forum/showthread.php?p=41670#post41670