GMC / Chevy carb ?

ok thankx to all . a little back story im looking a buying a truck its a 77 and it has a 400 sb in it with a holley card and it fouls plugs . carbon . so i was trying to find out what stock cfm was so i can look at the holley and se if its just to big or just needs a good tune or rejetting b4 i go buying a new 300 dollar carb for shits and giggles thankx i will update when i find out

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Holley's are good carbs in general, find out what model # it is and you'll learn quite a bit about what it is and if it will work for you. They're cheap & easy enough to rebuild too. If you're going to wheel the truck, I wouldn't run the Holley... unless it's the 'offroad' Avenger carb, since they're pretty good.

Chevycrew

The carb may be the right size, but may have oversized jets (sea level?)

Holley's make good power, but are known for poor mileage. ( that may be a myth though)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
If you've already got the carb on your truck, get one of the many books available on Holleys and tune that one.

If you're unhappy with it, junkyard a Q-Jet, which in my carb-hating opinion, is the best carb out there for offroading.... The Holley Truck Avenger is a good carb, but I still like the Q-Jets...
The one caveat with QJets is that they NEED TO BE TUNED PROPERLY, they are very precise by design. If they're not, they suck and you'll hate it.... and get a lame but easy Holley. : D

I LOVE fuel injection, but I really do like QJets