"Carnage Canyon" Report

jp008

As a spur of the moment thing bb88, myself and some friends went to Carnage today. Well the canyon still lives up to it's name sake. I got a little body damage and then proceeded to snap an axle-shaft on the first waterfall. bb88 (brett) thought it would be cool to put a rock through the sidewall of his MT/R and also peel some paint from his rock-rails and bumpers. Brandon in his EB did OK until his carb said no more. Steve in his XJ got quite a bit of body damage and made his tie rod into a frowny face. One of Brandon's friends meet us there with his quad and endo'd it on one of the steps.
Brett made it up the large waterfall we have nicknamed "White Knuckle2" as did Steve. I will post the pics below.

jp008

:eek: A closer look at the "Black Death"

There is alot more above this. I'm not sure how far this trail goes because we have NEVER been to the end. WK2 is about 3/4 of a mile into the trail.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I had a brief chat with one of the forrest service reps about this area and she said it is highly off limits along with barrett canyon. I want to do it stealth style but I am afraid of getting my vehicle seized for trashing forrest service land.....

What do you think Jim, should we get together and have another chat with them at the field office on 25th here in ogden?

jp008

Sounds good to me.......

There have been others up there as well, we cleaned up behind them. There were beer cans and a few other remains of human activity up there (thank g*d no poo). I think this place needs to be opened up to some individuals. Maybe a "special pass" or something of that nature. H*ll I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out why my axle went POW.

I'm tired I'm going to bed.

C/ya tomorrow

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I have spares if you want them....I will give ya the special buddy discount give me a call, I am rolling tomorrow towards SLC 801-791-0377 I will also stop by and see if I can set something up with the rangers there...