CARNAGE!!! Let's see what let loose, broke, busted, snapped and went BANG!!!

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
You don't want it to happen usually, but were always ready for something to go BANG in our rigs!!!
Nothing like taking the sport of off roading, wheeling and specifically crawling to the extreme.
Lets hear some stories and see some entertaining pics of what you or your buddies broke!

So I was whalling on waynes world the other day on the cabin fever run and BANG!!! A 1962 portal said goodbye to the off roading world.
IMG_5572.jpgIMG_5576.jpgIMG_5573.jpgIMG_5574.jpgIMG_5575.jpg

Then when I started the project to mount the spares up... 10 min later I broke a 1" to 3/4" socket adapter trying to get the hub bolt out! hahaha
IMG_5571.jpg

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
When Scott was giving her hell on chewie!!! Ping Pang boom... DS said goodbye!!! He and Steph took a jab to the chin that day and came out smiling for the moab trip!!! Pretty sure he got revenge with zukijames & jeepin4x4james back in Nov for this.

[video=youtube_share;iG8mNxa363U]http://youtu.be/iG8mNxa363U[/video]

Last edited:

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
Nothing too exciting, Out on the Red Mountain trail in The Vernal area.

3913589857_fb89062086_b.jpg

No worries! Just remove the drive line unlock the rear hubs and drive the rest of the trail and home on the front axle ;)

sswens1

I did get revenge, built an anti wrap bar and stuck it to chewy:) and Steph and I got some great winch practice getting out in fwd. I don't have it but isn't there a video of a front 44 busting giving it hell on hanging tree waterfall this summer?

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
I did get revenge, built an anti wrap bar and stuck it to chewy:) and Steph and I got some great winch practice getting out in fwd. I don't have it but isn't there a video of a front 44 busting giving it hell on hanging tree waterfall this summer?

Yes sir there was (XJ tony's ford D44 ball join blew out of the knuckle)... and I wheeled with the rigs new owner for the cabin feaver run up snakes 2 weekends ago and its still doing well.
attachment.php

Last edited:

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
I think we got a trend here.... this is Ima9er's Ford 9" from our 4th of July run... actually at about the same identical spot as the one posted above, its at eagles nest... heard Dallas is gonna be back up and running again soon cause!!!

DSC_1768.jpg

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Back in the day's of my yota:

broken longfield
100_1757.jpg

rolled on hanging tree and fubr'd the exo!!! doh!!
Very exspensive lesson learned there, but but very thankful none of use were hurt!!! can you say reality check!!!
DSC00579.jpg
IMG_1597.jpg

rockmike

Front drive line on my sammy,happened right at the end of the day and got back to camp on this lol barely! this is 1 3/4" sleeved with 1 1/5" x .120 wall...she got a lil stressed lol

zukbuild923.jpg

zukibild488.jpg

Last edited:

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
I forgot about this...
Flat tire going up, tried to winch it, Must have overloaded it(8K winch) rolled 2.5 times..

1588644245_1da7115754_o.jpg

Yes Stephan, Just for you! that is me with long hair yet again, but this is 1995.

1588654779_39646dc7a6_o.jpg

Last edited:

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Always check your steering arm bolts. Don't use bolts for steering arms, instead use studs. Make sure you ram is adjusted correctly. I had to piggyback on Kelly's truck like this for several miles and in the dark.... It sucked.

zukijames

Snow wheeling , kept sliding down hill when going slow.. So backed up put it in 3rd and gave it hell . Right at the end I slid down hill and hit the root side of a fallen over tree.

pop , bang, look out and saw my driver turned all the way opposite of steering wheeling.. Luckily it was just a broke tie rod end

Finished the trail like this

884b0902.jpg