Carry gun: Kahr CW9 questions

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Anyone carry one of these? I was seriously considering an LCP, but like the Kahr a LOT. It's a little bigger than the LCP (thus a little heavier), but I think that it'd be worth carrying.

bobmed

- - - -
I had a MK9 that I really liked.
It had the short grip so it was hard to hold but it had extended mags that made it easier. It was pretty accurate for a 3" barrel.
It weighed about half a pound more than the CW9 does.
When I got mine they didn't have any with polymer frames but it wasn't hard to carry.
My all time favorite was a Sig 229 SAS with the DAK trigger.

Attachments

• KahrMK9.jpg
    KahrMK9.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 5
  • sig229.jpg
    sig229.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 6

Mug

PHORmerly
Anyone carry one of these? I was seriously considering an LCP, but like the Kahr a LOT. It's a little bigger than the LCP (thus a little heavier), but I think that it'd be worth carrying.

If you are thinking of the CW9, I would highly suggest going up to the CW40. Identical in almost every way - Size, Price, Weight, etc. - But more stopping power. I guess with the 9 you have the advantage of cheaper range time due to the cost of the ammo.

Those seem to be great guns. I carry the Kel-Tec 380, but will move to the CW40 when I can. Kahr cut the cost on that gun by using a couple cast parts instead of forged ones and by simplifying the machining process on the slide, but in all other respects, it's as good as all the other Kahr models.

Thanks for carrying!

Ima9er

Crazy Man
i carry a glock .40 and love that. never had a problem with mine on or off the range. and its the sub compact one so its got the smaller barrel and lighter. i would have boughten the xdm in a 40 but it was a bit bigger gun.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I love Kahr pistols. A P9 or CW9 will likely be my next pistol purchase. IMO they are comfortable to hold, easy to conceal and are very well made.

oldschoolyj

I have had 2 Kahrs, the first went back to the factory because it never shot a clip without stove piping at least half of the clip. Bought it a Dougs and then I had to pay for the shipping both ways. Got it back and it did the same thing. That was the compact 9mm. Sold it and went to the 40, same thing. the ammo was top shelf Hornady.
Went to a kimber compact and love it.
I never had a clip that did not stove pipe at least 1 round. I know a lot of people that love that gun, but to get 2 lemons, and have to pay freight on the warrenty, no thanks. Have a glock love it, that gun shoots all my junk reloades and never a problem.

mbryson

Supporting Member
I just shot this for the first time yesterday. Put a little solvent on the rails and "rough cleaned" the gun (there's a pretty heavy oil on it from the packaging/shipping) and put 120 rounds through it. It seemed to "break in" after about 20 rounds and was shooting pretty well (not that I'm a good handgun shooter by any stretch of the imagination). I shot at one paper target (8x10) for the first 100 rounds. Target was 20 paces out and I've got 67 holes in the paper. The bulk of my shots were sighted shots and not "point and shoot" rapid fire (maybe 14-21 of those?).

I'm shooting low/left with a two handed grip by about 3/4 inches at that range which I assume is trigger pull issues?

For what it is, I think that's pretty good for a first time through. Gun cleaned up nicely and will cover it's intended purchase reason quite well, IMHO. Using some white box Winchester and green box Remington ammo I had zero stovepipes or any other malfunctions.

The guy next to me at the range had a PM9, which is even SMALLER but is only a two finger gun. Not quite as small as an LCP, but super easy to conceal and decent to shoot.

I'm extremely pleased with the Kahr. I'll be snagging one for my wife for her purse.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Just an update on this weapon if anyone is considering one. I still like the size and the profile. I've run about 500-600 rounds through it and it's surprisingly accurate for a carry weapon.

Thinking about upgrading to a CW45 but I'm very happy with the CW9

Bucking Bronco

I was actually thinking of this thread awhile back.

I've been playin around with a glock 45 and got pretty acurate then went back to the P9 and couldn't hit anything, and after not using my P9 for almost a year I sold it. Then I sold the 45 and now I'm back to my 40.

Can't wait for my ATF approval to get my new toy.

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
ya i have carried the cw 40 for almost 3 years now, i have never had a stove piped round and the gun works great with what ever ammo i throw in it.

i love the small/narrow grip as i have small hands and it conceals great. my next one will be a 45