CCW

CJ Matt

I have been thinking about buying a smaller gun then my Springfield XDM for a little while now because I don't carry it. It is a great gun and great to shoot but but hard to conceal so I started looking at some smaller guns awhile ago and considered my options. I first thought about the Ruger LCP but hated the trigger pull on it. I have been looking for a Sig P238 but everyone has been sold out and then I stopped by the BX to look at the recently opened gun counter. They had a couple! I looked at them and liked the way they felt and the trigger pull. I also like the selectable safety and sites over the Ruger. The Sig is more expensive but worth it to me.

I plan to shoot it in a week or sooner and will let you know what I think.

Attachments

• HPIM2978.jpg
    HPIM2978.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 10
  • HPIM2979.jpg
    HPIM2979.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 8
  • HPIM2980.jpg
    HPIM2980.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 7
  • HPIM2981.jpg
    HPIM2981.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 6
  • HPIM2982.jpg
    HPIM2982.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 8

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I think you'll be pleased with that. I carry a P228, and like the LACK of a safety-- as it is purely a defensive gun and I don't want anything in the way of pulling the trigger RIGHT NOW SO I DON"T DIE! :D

Mine's got several thousand rounds through it w/no issues whatsoever, and it's very accurate. I will read your report with enthusiasm-- looks like a good little stumpy gun there. I dig it.

CJ Matt

.380 is hard to find but I remember seeing some at Smith & Edwards last week so I will be headed there Sat to get some.

CJ Matt

$535 so it is a little higher then Impact but we don't pay taxes so there is a savings. Impact and others do not have have them in stock though. I purchased one of the two that they had and the only all black one. The guns are a bit over priced from what I have seen.

CJ Matt

Well I fired both guns today putting 100 rounds through each. All I can say about the Sig is misfeed! From the first round the misfeed rate with the Sig magazine was 50%! I was told the Colt Mustang magazine would work in the gun and it did. The only problem I had with it was failure to discharge the last round. That happened almost every time. The Sig magazine would have to be manually cycled, pulling the slide completely back and letting go to get it to feed properly. I have read of this problem but with a very low percentage until 200-300 rounds are fired. This seems to be consistent with almost all pocket pistols that I have researched. The 50% is way too high though. I will clean the gun later and shoot again late this week hoping it fixes itself with break-in.

The XDM continues to be a great gun and the more I shoot it the better I am with it. I put two quick clips through at about 20-25 yards and only had one round miss the black. That is 37 out of 38!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
My dad and brother have the LCP and they carry daily. I have shot a few hundred rounds through the LCP and despite the trigger pull it is a dead reliable gun. The .380 ammo can be pricey and hard to find which is why I am sticking with 9mm and .38special in my arsenal. I carry this http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=298&category=Revolver&toggle=tr&breadcrumbseries=UL2 and I like it for the shrouded hammer so I can go single or double on it. Yeah it's 5 rounds but a lot of those ultra compacts don't carry much more than that. I haven't held a sig that fits in my monster hands, it always seems like there is something sticking out and bothering my grip.

CJ Matt

I thought about a revolver and they have some great benifits but tend to be slightly larger. The main area they are larger is the width. I have been cycling rounds through it and it is doing way better. I look forward to shooting it again.