Central Utah desert

LJENS

So, I don't know if this will interest anyone on here, but I thought there might be a history buff on here that might really like it, plus this is an interesting guide to some of the less explored portions of Utah.

MK_Ibex-198x300.jpg
So, here's the deal. This book contains a lot of history from a man named Jack Watson. He happens to be my great-great grandfather. He was a sheep herder for a lot of years who spent a lot of time in the central part of the state and was eventually pushed west because of over crowding of sheep herds. He built a trading post for sheep herders out on the desert and named the place Ibex. The book itself contains mostly a historical account of the area, but also includes a lot of information about some of the interesting places that one could visit in the desert. I know I've seen some people express interest about exploring the west desert more, and I thought this would give a little more depth to someone's searches on places to go.

ISBN 0-944510-13-2 if anyone's interested.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
That is a great book, it's been part of my collection for many years. Kelsey is pretty much my least favorite author but the book contents are fantastic.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Kelsey is pretty much my least favorite author

Haha, I hadn't posted yet because I didn't know a polite way of saying "Kelsey sucks!". Thanks for taking care of business :). There is a ton of info in the Kelsey books I have, it's just hard to get at it sometimes.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Haha, I hadn't posted yet because I didn't know a polite way of saying "Kelsey sucks!". Thanks for taking care of business :). There is a ton of info in the Kelsey books I have, it's just hard to get at it sometimes.

...and often written by someone else i.e. the fantastic Swell history section found in his SRS book.

LJENS

I can't really say anything good about the author of the book either, I'm just a little biased about the content. My grandfather, Bob Jenson, provided a lot of pictures for the book, and his brother, Rulon, was interviewed about his experiences out in Ibex. So the historical aspect of it was the most interesting part of it for me, but it had some maps that I thought might be slightly useful (albeit crude).