Chad Cannon passed away

ID Bronco

Chad is my closest, longest friend. He will be missed by his family and many, many others. I was lucky to be able to spend large amounts of time with him, and our families were very close too. We wheeled together, we traveled together in our Rodeo days, we lived next door to each other with our young families and we backpacked together. It was my pleasure. He was fun, like always smiling. He was a wild man too, he wasn't afraid.

In his last couple of years he had a lot of time to contemplate his life and to "live like he was dying" and I watched him pretty closely to see what he would do. He went straight to his Kids, Wife and his God. Last Thanksgiving a bunch of us were telling each other what we were grateful for. Chad's response was, "soft music and conference talks". This wouldn't have been his answer two years before, but he became so accepting, loving and kind as he faced this.

He's a good man, a good father and a great husband. His wife is awesome and STRONG. I'll miss him more than I can imagine. He has left a great legacy and made others better for knowing him.

Chad Ruunner Pritchett.jpg100_0028.JPG2011-02-09_17-21-17_347.jpg2012-06-12_11-21-11_116.jpgChad & Scott Stuck.png

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Thank you for sharing that. He seemed like a great guy and one that his kids will continue to look up to and know he's watching over them.

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Chad is my closest, longest friend. He will be missed by his family and many, many others. I was lucky to be able to spend large amounts of time with him, and our families were very close too. We wheeled together, we traveled together in our Rodeo days, we lived next door to each other with our young families and we backpacked together. It was my pleasure. He was fun, like always smiling. He was a wild man too, he wasn't afraid.

In his last couple of years he had a lot of time to contemplate his life and to "live like he was dying" and I watched him pretty closely to see what he would do. He went straight to his Kids, Wife and his God. Last Thanksgiving a bunch of us were telling each other what we were grateful for. Chad's response was, "soft music and conference talks". This wouldn't have been his answer two years before, but he became so accepting, loving and kind as he faced this.

He's a good man, a good father and a great husband. His wife is awesome and STRONG. I'll miss him more than I can imagine. He has left a great legacy and made others better for knowing him.

View attachment 145406View attachment 145407View attachment 145408View attachment 145409View attachment 145410

I'm truly sorry for your loss, Scott... I knew you guys were close. Thanks for posting up and sharing more about Chad and his life. I feel bad we drifted apart, wish I would have reached out after his diagnosis.

ID Bronco

CannonChad-403x500.jpg

SERVICES​

Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. Saturday, January 29, 2022, at the Rimrock Ward, 5366 East 1st Street, Idaho Falls, with Bishop Matthew Stevens officiating. The family will visit with friends Friday from 6:30-8 p.m. and Saturday from 10-10:45 a.m. prior to services, both visitations at the church. Services will be broadcast via Zoom on Chad’s obituary page at www.woodfuneralhome.com. Burial will be in the Ammon Cemetery.

Sympathies​

Leave condolences here

OBITUARY

Chad Nathan Cannon​

May 19th, 1976 - January 22nd, 2022

Chad Nathan Cannon, 45, of Idaho Falls, passed away January 22, 2022, at his home. He was under the care of his loving family and One Source Home Health & Hospice.

Chad was born May 19, 1976, in Boise, Idaho. Soon after, he came to live with Dee and Linda Cannon and his three older siblings, Carol, Curt, and Holly. Curt says that Chad adopted them. Chad loved his family. He grew up in Ammon, Idaho, and attended Bonneville, and then Hillcrest High School, where he made many lifetime friends.

In December of 1999, Chad married Emalee Smith. They were blessed with four beautiful children over the years: Erin, Chiara Lynn, Anneliesa Marie, and Angus Matthew. He loved his children and enjoyed camping and hiking with his family, going on drives, taking road trips, going fishing, playing board games, and spending time with extended family too!

Chad loved life. He rodeoed in high school, was an active member of the Off-Road Community in Idaho for many years, and loved going hiking. Chad went back to school using the Pathways Program and was very proud of the work that he put in to graduating from BYU-Idaho and his family was very proud of his accomplishment too. Chad loved to work and was always thankful for the jobs he had.

Chad was an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He served a mission in Anaheim, California. Chad loved serving and worked hard to serve everyone around him. He happily served in many callings, including Assistant Scout Master, going on many campouts, Ward Clerk, which he loved, and Ward Chorister, which he didn’t.

In October of 2019, Chad was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. He went to Huntsman Cancer Center for treatment and then enjoyed the next two years with his family, creating many more memories.

Chad is survived by his loving wife, Emalee Cannon of Idaho Falls; daughter, Erin Cannon of Gig Harbor, WA; daughter, Chiara Lynn Cannon of Pocatello, ID; daughter, Anneliesa Marie Cannon of Idaho Falls; son, Angus Matthew Cannon of Idaho Falls; father and stepmother, Dee and Pat Cannon of Idaho Falls; sister, Carol (Jim) Sevy of Sugar City, ID; brother, Curt (Jodi) Cannon of Benton City, WA; sister, Holly (Jeff) Lancaster of Challis, ID; stepbrother, Greg (Sally) Anderson of Boise, ID; stepsisters, Karen (Troy) Hollingsworth of Salt Lake City, UT, Jennifer (Dan) Feldman of Washington Crossing, PA, and Colette (Shane) Walters of Idaho Falls.

He was preceded in death by his mother, Linda Jean Nielsen Cannon; grandparents, Don and Lawana Nielsen, Sterling and Phyllis Cannon; uncles, Paul Cannon and Jim Williams; and nephew, Tex Elkington.

Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. Saturday, January 29, 2022, at the Rimrock Ward, 5366 East 1st Street, Idaho Falls, with Bishop Matthew Stevens officiating. The family will visit with friends Friday from 6:30-8 p.m. and Saturday from 10-10:45 a.m. prior to services, both visitations at the church. Services will be broadcast via Zoom on Chad’s obituary page at www.woodfuneralhome.com. Burial will be in the Ammon Cemetery.

Condolences may be sent to the family online at www.woodfuneralhome.com.