Chasing prairie dogs is hard...

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Yep, through the iOSD mini, into the transmitter then into the fatsharks. I'm finding my favorite settings for the gopro so I can judge distances somewhat...it's nerve wracking! Fun though!

muleskinner

This is the coolest thing I've played with in a very long time:D

I'm trying to upload a video to youtube, but my connection is like dial up so it's going to be about 6 hours...

It's probably too windy to be flying right now, but it sure recovers good when a big gust hits it a few hundred feet in the sky.

My attitude goggles showed up today, but the battery won't be here until tomorrow. I can't wait:cool:

muleskinner

Lame video but it was my first flight with the camera attached.

Video is straight out of the camera with youtube music added. Some spots you can see how windy it was, I probably should have waited for a calm day.

[video=youtube_share;OzEABHKN6EA]http://youtu.be/OzEABHKN6EA[/video]

Last edited:

DAA

So I hardly EVER watch any videos that get posted. But I've watched all of these.

But between Brandon and now you guys have flung a case of the hot running wants on me. Bad. Not any chance of it happening any time in the foreseeable future though. But dang! That looks like a lot of fun.

- DAA

R

rockdog

How do you guys know what your filming? Do you have some kind of monitor? How do you know where the thing is? It looks from what you've posted like your copter goes out of your line of sight.

muleskinner

So I hardly EVER watch any videos that get posted. But I've watched all of these.

But between Brandon and now you guys have flung a case of the hot running wants on me. Bad. Not any chance of it happening any time in the foreseeable future though. But dang! That looks like a lot of fun.

- DAA

It's even cooler than it looks, I highly recommend re-prioritizing your purchases:D

How do you guys know what your filming? Do you have some kind of monitor? How do you know where the thing is? It looks from what you've posted like your copter goes out of your line of sight.

My video is only using line of sight, or trying too keep it in sight. Spence has the FPV goggles on for his last video, which allows you to view what your gopro is seeing through the small screen in the goggles. Mine arrived today so I'll try to post a video tomorrow, if I don't crash it today. It's even more windy today, but I'll try flying it low in the wind and post another video.

muleskinner

One more from today. trying to keep it fairly low and move around objects
[video=youtube_share;a-YKVyTPd9c]http://youtu.be/a-YKVyTPd9c[/video]