Cheap Air Filter Mod 22re Toyota

Well the stock filter is in a box and the mass air flow sensor is in a wierd housing so a cone filter couldn't fit on it. What I did was took the top part of the box off leaving the four studs that come out of the mass air flow sensor housing. Then at auto zone they have this plastic piece that converts square to round 4" and has 4 holes on the outside corners. Well those holes didn't fit on mine so I drilled some more and screwed that on in place. Seal up the little area that the plastic piece doesn't cover with some blue rtv or somthing similar and walaaaa better air flow for the cost of the filter and a piece of plastic that was $4.99 I will post pics when I get a chance.

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
Klif01 said:
Well the stock filter is in a box and the mass air flow sensor is in a wierd housing so a cone filter couldn't fit on it. What I did was took the top part of the box off leaving the four studs that come out of the mass air flow sensor housing. Then at auto zone they have this plastic piece that converts square to round 4" and has 4 holes on the outside corners. Well those holes didn't fit on mine so I drilled some more and screwed that on in place. Seal up the little area that the plastic piece doesn't cover with some blue rtv or somthing similar and walaaaa better air flow for the cost of the filter and a piece of plastic that was $4.99 I will post pics when I get a chance.
i kinda did that with my vortek, cone things for vorteks get pricey, i just took the cover off it, which exposed the round stock filter, and taped the filter on. this made it so the air wouldnt have to go through all the plastic. its better than stock but im still gonna save up and buy the k&n

leorn

reset
a little more expensive $50 but much more results!

take your battery put it where your air filter was (don't forget to strap it down, install a k&n cone filter where the battery was (adapt with sprinkler parts or whatever!) and you've just gained more hp than a header and 2 1/4" exhaust, not to mention better mpg and you never have to buy an air filter again

yes I did a header and exhaust just prior to this mod!

toyotajunk2

If any of you have pics of these mods for the 22re I would love to see them. I have been wanting to do something for awhile now and just haven't come up with it yet.