Cheap Tablet Recommendation?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Ok, so I am looking for a Tablet for my dad for Christmas.

While on a Family vacation he really got a kick out of playing with a iPad, but the when it comes down to it he will only use it for KSL.com and Utahgunexchange.com

Maybe get some of his magazines on it...

Any recommendations? preferably under a $100...

What's your thoughts, :)

B2-Bomber

sprint has the Samsung galaxy tab II with 16gb storage, 7" screen for $50.00

I just got one for my son. you do need to sign up a data plan to get it. but on the bright side it will have its own internet connection like a cell phone. rather than like a non-network tablet which only uses Wi-Fi

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
after having a few uber cheap tablets.... for someone who may not be patient with technology or willing to modify it (root etc) I would not suggest an uber cheap tablet. They end up being way too slow for most users... [The sprint offer not withstanding as you are actually doing a contract that makes that end up a lot more than $50 ]

Used might get you into something faster in your price range though..

Badger

I am the Brute squad
I just picked up a refurbished Nexus7 first gen for $144 from newegg.com just waiting for it to get here

refurb Nexus 7

AS mentioned if your not worried about a warranty of any kind go on KSL and you can find something. Also if you look around from time to time the MOTOROLA XOOM can be found for under $200

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I would not suggest a kindle. Th touch screen sucks if you've ever used an iPad or nicer droid tablet. We have both and my wife only uses her fire for reading anymore. My parents have their own iPads and love them a lot more than I thought they would. They are $$$ though.

D

Deleted member 12904

I have a $100 android tablet that hasnt been used for more than 3-4 hours because of how bad it sucks. Slow, Poor touch screen and just frustrating to use. I spent more time on it rooting it and trying to make it work better than I have using it.

airmanwilliams

I have had an Allwinner A13 for about a year and my 4yr old son uses it most for games, netflix, skype when him and his mom are off vacationing, and for books. I love it and I believe that it is on sale from many suppliers on ebay and alibaba right now.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
What do you guys think of Nook hd?

I was just playing with one at Target and it seemed to work pretty well, something about Google Play?... and a ballistic program...:D

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
We bought our 3 year old daughter an kindle Fire HD and it seems like a nice unit.... With that said I have never really used it and I have no idea how much it costs