cheapest buggy.

S

sukaB

And to think I had a spare set of CTM's..
Ohh well I'll leave then...

How about we do a budget buggie COMP when we are done..
fastest one up rs and con...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by SAMI
i'd steal kurt's when he's done with it.

that's like, $5 in gas to get home, and then how much ever it will cost to fix all his mistakes!:D

sooooo, it would end up around $3,500:mad:

Your lucky I'm reading this late.....

You have health insurance?

Jeromy

2 door Xj Free:)
ford nine Free:)
chevy 350 Free:)
D44 front 150?
auto Trany 300?
t-case D300 300?
j-yard fuel injection 300?
gears 400
detroit for d44 450

leaves around 1500 for misc suspension, tube, adapters ect...

cut the sh#t out of it, cage, weld the rear 9 and throw on some big meats.

kinda what i have been thinking of.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by Jeeplvr
Hey a family member!

I have started a buggy project and 3500 dollars came and went a long time ago and it doesnt even roll yet. :eek:

My buggy project!

Looks like you've got a good start, though. $3,500 isn't too bad.... Atleast your rig will be nearly bulletproof. Looks like you have the right idea & a good start.

If I added up what I'm into my '85 Toyota, I'd probably have a Heart Attack. :rofl:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by Greg
...If I added up what I'm into my '85 Toyota, I'd probably have a Heart Attack. :rofl:

Tell me about it... I have all my Cruiser build-up expense on a spreadsheet..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

But I have already got my moneys worth... :)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by TigerStripe40
LEsee... I stopped tallying the costs when I hit $10,000 in my truck... I don't think I want to know how much you are into yours, Kurt....

Honestly not a whole lot more than that.... mabey $6k more... :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by TigerStripe40
Fawker...

Does that include purchase?

I paid $1k for the tub/frame/hardtop and truckload of misc parts...scrapped the frame, got one from CrOut, sold the OME springs it had to a guy in Texas and kept the rest... so in the end the initial purchase was around $500... not too bad. Take not ALOT of labor was put into it... :D

Jeeplvr

Back to formula!
I also did a spreadsheet and the result is unbelievable. I added up all the things I have put on and taken off my Jeep and it is simply scary. It doesn’t include little things like starters, alternators, tune up stuff, etc.
I have saved every major receipt I have ever gotten for my jeep since I bought it in 1991 for 3700 bones.

In the condition it's in right now it's worth about 15k on paper, although I would never get even close to that if I tried to sell it, not that I ever would, you know how that goes. :)

I'm hoping to get the buggy going for considerably less.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Originally posted by Jeromy
2 door Xj Free:)
ford nine Free:)
chevy 350 Free:)
D44 front 150?
auto Trany 300?
t-case D300 300?
j-yard fuel injection 300?
gears 400
detroit for d44 450

leaves around 1500 for misc suspension, tube, adapters ect...

cut the sh#t out of it, cage, weld the rear 9 and throw on some big meats.

kinda what i have been thinking of.

all that on a unibody: priceless.
i have a 2 dr cherokee. i wish i had a frame.

Caleb

Originally posted by Greg

If I added up what I'm into my '85 Toyota, I'd probably have a Heart Attack. :rofl:

yeah, considering when I built it up last time I had receipts for over $15K(not including purchase price)...after seeing that I could waste that much money and still not be happy with it I decidednot to keep track of this build-up:rofl:

I think I am doing pretty good...

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
yeah i am into my jeep over 10k and it is still in my damn garage! i lack motivation and my new job is too tiring. i think i am going to cry...
i almost just want to get my xj done so i can start working on the sami... something with a frame, how refreshing!

-nate