check out this guys setup!!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
check out this guys setup. somewhere he found 4000$ and bought a 4:1 atlas t-case with a 2:1 klune-v hanging off it!!! where do these people rob banks at and how can i get involved!!!:D :D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
not to scare YOU or anything but if that picture dont get a persons blood running and give them at least a "SEMI" they aint a man, or a crawler woman for that matter. that is the damned finest chunk of metal ever to pass by my eyes!!:D :D :D

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
I just wondered if anyone noticed what he was bolting it up to? Yep an SM465. If you were following the other tread debate of what is better manuel or auto this is some good evidence that a manuel can hold it's own. i don't know anyone how would drop $4k on a transfer case and Klune and then bolt it up to something that was not good.
Dan

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
i am a rice wheeler so i am not up to date on the adv vs disadv of an SM465. please elaborate briefly. ohhh and we didn't say he was smart, just that he had a lot of money!!!:D :D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
i couldn't fit all that under a zuk without major reconstructive surgery. i can use the klune-v though!! that would be awesome, hey does anyone have one of these they wanna get rid of......anyone:confused: :confused: .........i didn't think so....

Greg W

Rock Slut
Originally posted by spencurai
i am a rice wheeler so i am not up to date on the adv vs disadv of an SM465. please elaborate briefly. ohhh and we didn't say he was smart, just that he had a lot of money!!!:D :D

the debate has been slush box vs. stick

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Originally posted by Brent
thats what I want for the xj, but a 2.72 clune v, and the 3.8 atlasII :D

That is exactly the same way I'm thinking (dreaming) of going. But in my little 'ol CYJ-7 I think that would make the driveline too short so I think I'll stikd to dreaming about a 4:1 Atlas bolted up to my T-18 (6.32 1'st) and run 4.88's in the diffs. This setup will give me a very respectable crawl of 123:1. If I were to actually go with the 2.72 Klune and 3.8 Atlas Highlander I'd end up with a crawl of 319:1. That's gearing I'd never realistically use. It's cool for bragging rights and it would be nice to have that many different gearing options but I doubt that I'd ever use that low a low range.

Of course the arguments can be made that you may never use it but you'll have a lot more flexability in the other ranges. Which would be cool but is ultimatly cost prohibitive for me to realistically consider putting it into my CYJ-7.
Scott (just rambling and not trying to crap on anyone's plans)

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Originally posted by spencurai

The SM 465 and 420 trannies are heavy duty 4 speed boxes with VERY low 1st gear ratios. 7.xx:1 for the 420 (I think - I may have them mixed up) and something like 6.68:1 for the 465.

Anyway - they are heavy duty and will hold up to the high power and torque of big motors. Would most likely be overkill for your little zukie.
Scott

SuperRunner

Turbo is my middle name
Just buy a toyota

Dual case, 2.3 in firts, 4.7 in second. With my 4.31 first gear and 4.88 gears, that will be 227:1

Dual case adapter $500
4.7 gearset $600

Wow, only $1100. Man, gotta love toyota

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
that is the thing i love about suzuki aftermarket. you can get 4:1 5:1 and 6:1 gearsets to fit into stock suzuki t-cases. and with a klune-v stuck in there, the crawl ratios would be astronomical. the price ranges on self install kits for the suzuki gearseta range from 450-850$ for a 6:1 gearcase. i love how economical suzuki stuff is!! the only weaklink is the axles when you go above 33" tires. :D :D :D :D

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Originally posted by lowe1974
I just wondered if anyone noticed what he was bolting it up to? Yep an SM465. If you were following the other tread debate of what is better manuel or auto this is some good evidence that a manuel can hold it's own. i don't know anyone how would drop $4k on a transfer case and Klune and then bolt it up to something that was not good.

Dan

An auto would be the ultimate setup with both of those boxes. I think a manual tranny would be way to low, especially a 465.

Ryan

Originally posted by goin4xn

The SM 465 and 420 trannies are heavy duty 4 speed boxes with VERY low 1st gear ratios. 7.xx:1 for the 420 (I think - I may have them mixed up) and something like 6.68:1 for the 465.

Anyway - they are heavy duty and will hold up to the high power and torque of big motors. Would most likely be overkill for your little zukie.
Scott

420 is 7.02, 465 is 6.55.