Cherokee folks.....cupholders still exist!!!

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Mopar part number is 55115020. I just got some. Date on the box reads 10-19-04, so if the dealer says that they haven't made them in years, tell them they're wrong.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Brett,

You need to move this over to Tech soon! This is some serious insight you have provided... You are the man...

Please tell me they will hold a 44oz. while on the way to the mall, including parking up on a curb for the flex appeal... :D

PS just messin with you!

Brett

Meat-Hippy
cruiseroutfit said:
Brett,

You need to move this over to Tech soon! This is some serious insight you have provided... You are the man...

Please tell me they will hold a 44oz. while on the way to the mall, including parking up on a curb for the flex appeal... :D

PS just messin with you!

Dunno about the 44oz, but 32 oz looks doable on the way to the mall, with the parking on the curb too. :cool:

It'll be nice to not have to always be holding my drink. I miss that about my Tacoma, actually having cupholders is a nice thing.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Brett said:
Try driving around with a 32 oz Coke in your lap cause your Jeep has no cupholders ANYWHERE. Bryson saw what happened once when I was doing that.
Try drinking water, coke is bad for you... :redneck:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
be careful...

the 44oz 7-11 cups dont' sit real well in those XJ cupholders. How do I know? You know how. :D

besides, 32oz is a practical limit, and no step-ups in the cup to cause problems.

now... do they sell new console top latches??

Brett

Meat-Hippy
EKSJAE said:
so, how much did you pay for them?

15 bucks, but that was off of eBay. As far as I knew, Mopar didn't make them anymore!

EDIT: These are the ones that mount off of the right side of the center console, just and FYI

Last edited:

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Tacoma said:
be careful...

the 44oz 7-11 cups dont' sit real well in those XJ cupholders. How do I know? You know how. :D

besides, 32oz is a practical limit, and no step-ups in the cup to cause problems.

now... do they sell new console top latches??

If you are talking about the latch that locks the center console, yes they do. I actually just bought that too, since mine had snapped and was missing some pieces anyway. 'Course, I was too dumb and couldn't figure out how to put it together. Thanks again Bryson :)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Holy read my mind Brett! That's the first thing I noticed when I bought my new :greg:wagen.... NO CUP HOLDERS!!! I gotta get some of those. :hickey:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I guess I could always just spring for a RockLogic cupholder. I got a hunch that they might be pricey with all the time that goes into machining one. :cool:

BioNuke1

Jeepsus Chrystler
lol "cup"holder...... what the hell good is 12oz of beverage.... just store it in your stomach. Now mugholder technology is something to look into :cool: