chev 4.3 temp gauge

utah340six

have 2003 chev 4.3 in my cheep.
with the elctronic ingnition i was told it needed the factory sensers to make it run right.
i would like to put a temp gauge inside so i know how hot its running.
purchased an autometer set up pulled block plug.
but not deeep enuff to get probe to screw in.
who has done this and were did you put probe

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I would have just used the stock jeep sender and the stock gauge. Most of the time they fit nice just about anywhere you can put them. Some guys like the intake manifold and some like the heads or block.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
have 2003 chev 4.3 in my cheep.
with the elctronic ingnition i was told it needed the factory sensers to make it run right.
i would like to put a temp gauge inside so i know how hot its running.
purchased an autometer set up pulled block plug.
but not deeep enuff to get probe to screw in.
who has done this and were did you put probe

Most gauges I've bought have come with brass adapters to make the gauge sender work. You could use one of the plugged spots in the manifold and leave the stock sensor where it was.

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
I used the factory gaug in my cj, pulled the head plug and used an adapter for the stock sending unit. Works great. Mine is a 97' 4.3. Also in the back of the block on top where the oil sending unit is, I pulled the stock 4.3 unit out and installed a "T" then replaced the 4.3 sending unit along with the jeep unit. It was a pain in the a** to get but also works great. I just like to use the stock gauges. No extra gauges. Hope this helps.
Dwayne