Chevy 1 ton drive line

cole1540

If you get on after 6 i'll be at work but you're free to call me anytime (even while i'm at work) 801-803-8172
It'd be nice to get a hold of a drive line in the next few days, i'm trying to get ready for Moab.

My name is Cole, by the way

Thanks

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Cole,
do you know what size of u joint you need? 1350 or 1410? Heck it might be a 1310.

Not all 14 bolt yokes are the same.

cole1540

Hmmm to be honest i think it's the 1410, i wish it were a 1310 then i'd just hook it up to my yota driveline. I'm hopin i can grind off the rear yoke and sleeve and maybe weld it to the yota rear...that is if the chevy sleeve slides in my driveline.? About how big is the diameter? I'm trying to find a cheaper way to do this chevy to toyota conversion, a flange adapter is 200 bucks, way too much.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
The driveline looks to be about 4 inches in diameter, you might try the tear a part there are lots of 14 bolt rear axles out there on different rigs and you should be able to find something smaller.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I am not a Toyota guy but I have wheeled with some. One of the coolest thing about a Toyota flange/u joint set up is the operating angle. They will not bind up like the standard u joint in the same range.

That being said be the time you find a 1410 or 1350 driveline, which ever you need, get it adapted to your existing yota shaft you will be close to the same money as just buying the flange and you lose driveline angle operating range.

It might make sense to get the flange use it till you upgrade everything then sell the flange. Their is always another yota guy looking for a deal.

Just something to think about