chevy 205/203 doubler

TubeToy

TubeToy
I might put a chevy NP205/203 Doubler in a buddies rig. How much loner does it make the two cases and who has the best price on a kit.

cjncustoms

I have the same thing and I wanna say it's about 11" longer than just a 205 by it's self. I have the ORD kit w/ triple sticks and it's pretty nice. I would probably say northwest fab's is the cheapest but I believe it's a weld together steal unit vs an aluminum one piece...

cheepin

The northwest fab's is adjustable in the clocking.The adapter is a 3 piece unit that is bolted together so you can play with your clocking and get it where you want it.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
The northwest fab's is adjustable in the clocking.The adapter is a 3 piece unit that is bolted together so you can play with your clocking and get it where you want it.

NW Fab's needs to be set up properly with proper torque or they loosen up.. ORD will make you clocked adapters if you ask, from 2" up to totally flat, just ask.

Personally I like the ORD one the best, it's a quality piece and I miss mine. :( Caaaalllllvvvinnnnn!! :rofl:

LT.

I am with Tacoma on this. While I have no personal experience with the NW Fab's kit I do have some with the Off Road Design kit. If you order your doubler plate they can machine it with the 2" version which makes the belly pan flat or the standard rotation which makes it just like a NP-203. Even the length of the doubler is the same as the NP-203 case.

LT.

thenag

I had a 203/205 (all ford) in a bronco it was sweet, the only drawback is weight, length and lack of low gear kits (although you could do the low-max 205...). I am not sure on the GM adapters etc but for the ford it added about a foot to the length.

As for the weight it makes for some nice anti-flip ballast ;)

I used a John Staz kit for my 203/205, it came in two pieces and I welded it where I wanted it clocked. I am not sure if Jon Staz still does stuff or not. I think Duffy still make 203/205 kits but he is hard to get a hold of. I got me 231/d300 kit from Duffy. I ebayed it had no communication from him and it showed up about month after I ordered it, that sounds pretty standard for Duffy, he does great work but it is just him so he doesn't have time for calls etc...

nathan
99 xj

jevyguy

jedsmachining is where I got mine and it was the best price I could fine. He will clock it how you want it

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
and lack of low gear kits (although you could do the low-max 205...).

No, you can't, unless you find a used one, they are not making them anymore. :(

Stazworks adapters are made by someone else, but I forget who-- it might be Jedsmachining, I can't remember.

I am looking into 241-205 Doublers, couple companies making them now and the 2.72:1 planetary from the 241 is nice. :D