GMC / Chevy Chevy Colorado ZR2 Concept

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Diesel power, King shocks, integrated winch, wider track, 2 in lift. I'm not a GM guy but I have to say i'm intrigued I hope they build it.

[video=youtube_share;_yxfRohe9BU]http://youtu.be/_yxfRohe9BU[/video]

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
The diesel option is confirmed, but it's power numbers aren't overly impressive, but I'm sure people will wake them up soon enough.

The new Colorado (more specifically the GMC version, the Canyon) has tugged on my interest too. However I talked myself out of it with the price tag.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
The great part about all these small and mid-sized diesels, IMO, is that there will be more competition in the future for diesels from other manufacturers. And eventually when these vehicles get 100k miles on them, the prices will be where the average joe can afford them... so bring on the diesels! It may be 10 yrs later, but perhaps some day I'll have a Chevy Colorado with a diesel. :cool:

rustyoljeep

Soon to be Flinstoning it
The great part about all these small and mid-sized diesels, IMO, is that there will be more competition in the future for diesels from other manufacturers. And eventually when these vehicles get 100k miles on them, the prices will be where the average joe can afford them... so bring on the diesels! It may be 10 yrs later, but perhaps some day I'll have a Chevy Colorado with a diesel. :cool:
The ZR2 concept is sweet, but I'm sure it'll cost a premium. So maybe 5 years later the average Joe like you and I will be able to swing a z71 with a diesel!

idahoyj

Do you see increased demand on diesel fuel and therefore an increase in price per gallon, to likely outweigh the "value" that a diesel engine provides? I don't know how fuel prices are in your area, but diesel is at least $1 per gallon more more than regular unleaded around here!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Do you see increased demand on diesel fuel and therefore an increase in price per gallon, to likely outweigh the "value" that a diesel engine provides? I don't know how fuel prices are in your area, but diesel is at least $1 per gallon more more than regular unleaded around here!

I don't believe so, the private market demand for diesel is nothing compared to commercial... think about all the ships, trains & semi's burning diesel. I know the Navy is the highest consumer... with Union Pacific being the #2... :eek: An increase in the private diesels won't have much effect on the overall consumption IMO. I think that you have to be a diesel guy to daily-drive a diesel, while they do get better mileage than their gasoline counterparts I think that the cost of diesel ownership over time is more $$$. You have to LOVE driving a diesel to justify it, IMO. But a mid-size truck that gets around 30 MPG and probably 500-600 miles per tank is very attractive.

Fuel prices are all over the place right now, gas is hovering around $2/gallon while diesel is still around $3.50/gallon! It's total BS, since diesel is a byproduct of gas production! When I bought my first diesel the cost of fuel was about $1 less per gallon than gas... with a 3/4 ton truck getting 19 MPG... how could you go wrong?!

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
2:02, has integrated Wench into it :)

1:40, 22 inches of departure angle

3:07, tires and wheels will "meet any off-road trailering activities"

3:40, aluminum stitched seats

I'm sold on it!

Last edited:

SAVAGE

hell, maybe every one will be buying the diesels and i can afford one of the old style colorado's with the 5.3 :D

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
"Powered by the 2.8L duramax diesel, the most powerful engine we plan to offer in the coloraro, at 180hp and 365 ftlb tq"

uh, wut. no it's not...
you can get them with a 300hp 5.3L

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
"Powered by the 2.8L duramax diesel, the most powerful engine we plan to offer in the coloraro, at 180hp and 365 ftlb tq"

uh, wut. no it's not...

According to Wikipedia, the 5.3 offering stopped when the current model came out in 2012.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
The wider track is nice, but everything else I'm sure I could do to a regular Colorado for less than the increase in sticker price for this hypothetical ZR2. If i were chomping at the bit for a midsize diesel truck and the only way to get one was to pay extra for all the ZR2 blingery, I'd be pissed.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member

uh, wut. no it's not...

The current V6 has 305 hp, I think the "most powerful" they are talking about is the torque

The wider track is nice, but everything else I'm sure I could do to a regular Colorado for less than the increase in sticker price for this hypothetical ZR2. If i were chomping at the bit for a midsize diesel truck and the only way to get one was to pay extra for all the ZR2 blingery, I'd be pissed.

Diesel will be available to all trim levels, i'm just glad to see some other vehicles come a little more off road ready. I dig the midsized raptor if you will

skeptic

Midsize truck with 32" tires, front and rear lockers, and a good turbo diesel engine. I'd rather have an H3T Alpha, but they don't make those anymore. If I were in the market for a 2 door truck I'd be chomping at the bit for this. If they come out with a slightly shortened 4 door SUV version (trailblazer ZR2?) then count me in.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I'd like to see a Ranger based platform Raptor with a 3.5 Ecoboost :greg: As fast as the ecoboost gets my heavy expedition around a little ranger tricked for the desert would be a blast