Chinese Arch, Spiral Jetty, Kelton, Russian Graves, Devil's Playground & Grouse

Troop92

That looks awesome, sad I couldn't get out with you guys. I usually have free time when the weather turns, like this week for example. :rolleyes: It's been two full months since Trooper has been off pavement. Shameful...

Looks like a great time had by all!

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Well next time we have a trip planned out hopefully you will be free and can join us on another adventure! Hopefully this happens soon, I'm looking forward to another trip!

sixstringsteve

fantastic trip report guys, thanks for taking the time to post that. You had much better weather than we did this past weekend.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Thanks guys, here's a quick video I put together of the crossing. Added to page 1 also

[video=youtube_share;hYHihJJguEs]http://youtu.be/hYHihJJguEs[/video]

Last edited:

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Yeah, while we were driving down the trail it followed that dug out and this was the point where it seemed to have been opened up to allow access. The rest of it was pretty much an 8 ft trench. But yeah the rear end would probably drag pretty good across the ground there in your Silverado. It's possible there was another access point further up but this is the one that we had showing on the map.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Yeah, while we were driving down the trail it followed that dug out and this was the point where it seemed to have been opened up to allow access. The rest of it was pretty much an 8 ft trench. But yeah the rear end would probably drag pretty good across the ground there in your Silverado. It's possible there was another access point further up but this is the one that we had showing on the map.

This was the only way through on the route we took. There are many other routes that we could have taken, but this was the most direct road on accesible land.

Thanks for posting the video! That was such a fun trip!

Troop92

I love that while it wasn't the most technical trip, you all still a ton of fun. Sometimes those are the best. A lot of my buddies are all "hardcore or nothing," which gets tedious, nobody likes white knuckle all the time.

Pulled the pics up on the computer last night, much better than on the cell. :D Awesome trip.

sixstringsteve

I've never been to the Devil's Playground nor the rocky spot near the Immigrant Valley turnoff. Maybe I'll go explore that area after FYTO this year.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
It was fun doing lots of different driving.

Steve, Maldito X and I were thinking the same thing. Lucin isn't too far from there and snow might be the only limiting factor.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
The trench crossing was the short south stretch, just west of the Russian graves on the map I posted. We would have to go WAY out of the way to hit that area again.