Chop Saw burned out...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Anyone ever had their Harbor Freight chop saw burn out? Mine just died and I've had it less than 6 months. I've been working it pretty hard recently. Has anyone ever exchanged their burned out one for a new one?

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Greg said:
Anyone ever had their Harbor Freight chop saw burn out? Mine just died and I've had it less than 6 months. I've been working it pretty hard recently. Has anyone ever exchanged their burned out one for a new one?
:rofl: :rofl:

Yep, burned mine out in about the same time. Filed it in the Round file and bought a Dewalt.

Greg

Admin
Shawn said:
:rofl: :rofl:

Yep, burned mine out in about the same time. Filed it in the Round file and bought a Dewalt.

I'd like to buy something nice, but $$ is a little tight these days. I think I'm gonna make a run to HF about now and see what they'll do.

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
could always buy another one from HF, then a few days later take back the burnt out one and get a refund ;) lol

*stick it to the man

GETBENT

CRASH
Greg said:

My friend bought one from HF and it burned up 2 hours later, they got him a new one though no questions asked.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I burned out two Dewalts and went and got a HF one! :D

Now for the useful info...

Your HF chop saw came with a set of new brushes in the box. Find those and replace the old ones, and it'll prolly work again!

Greg

Admin
Well, cheap tools suck.... They couldn't return the Chop saw. I though about the replacement brushes & I'll change them later. That would be great if it fixed the problem, but forget buying anymore Chinese power tools @ HF in the future.

To remedy my problem, I bought a Rigid @ Home Depot. $179 and I got a 3 year warrenty!

If the brushes fix my HF one, anyone want a chop saw for $40??

frankenfab

I like the 4x6 horizontal and vertical bandsaw from HF. It does a good job with a quality blade. It is also very quiet. There are several sites on the net with improvement ideas for this saw.

Fuller

Formerly limegrnxj
frankenfab said:
I like the 4x6 horizontal and vertical bandsaw from HF. It does a good job with a quality blade. It is also very quiet. There are several sites on the net with improvement ideas for this saw.

i have had my makita for over 4 years now and have not had any problems, and it has been worked pretty hard.

grinch

inner city redneck
Ok you jinxed me..... My HF chopsaw died last night whil working on buggying out my rear end..... This ought to be fun fitting tube with my port O band or sawsall...
I dont have my spare brushes anymore lost em a long time ago. Does anybody know if you can get more from HF???? Im pritty sure its the brushes cuz it sparked from that area for a second then went dead. I spun the blade then it started running again then stopped completly... So im pritty sure its brushes....

Caleb

I love those Rigid Chopsaws...after going through several other brands at my old work we finally got the Rigid and it kicks butt...If I were to have to buy another chop saw it would be the Rigid...

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
My Dewalt is still going strong. Funny, I've had mixed luck with HF power tools. Their more expensive drill press is a good piece; but their cheap benchtop model was crapola. As a general rule I won't buy any electric power tools there, except for the 4" grinders. haha

EZ

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
EZRhino said:
My Dewalt is still going strong. Funny, I've had mixed luck with HF power tools. Their more expensive drill press is a good piece; but their cheap benchtop model was crapola. As a general rule I won't buy any electric power tools there, except for the 4" grinders. haha

EZ
Just a quick note on the HF grinders. Did you know they sell both 4" and 4.5"? The boxes look the same and sometimes they are mixed together, but the 4.5" ones have a slightly higher amp motor. The 4" ones will not fit a 4.5" grinding disk with the gaurd on. When you go buy those just make sure you get the 4.5" ones.