Chrysler Sold

Caleb

My reading comprehension is a little slow today... So are they just selling off Chrysler and keeping Dodge/Jeep?
I didn't read the article but from what I have heard in other stories is that it's only Chrysler, not the other brands.

I can't believe the loss they took, they bought it for something like 36 billion and sold it for something like 7 billion :eek: (again, I didn't read the article so my numbers may be slightly off :D)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Maybe they'll bring back the XJ. :D

Yup, except they're calling it the Patriot.

jeep-patriot-6g.jpg

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler are under the Chrysler hat. Daimler is maintaining a less than 20% holding in the new Chrysler Holding being formed.

Hard to believe the difference in the 36 Billion$ 9 years ago and the piddly sum today. In fact, it looks like when all is said and done, Dailmler will actually be PAYING out 650 million. Daimler's shareholders have been trying to get Daimler to dump Chrysler for better than 6 years now. Too bad we can't get Chrysler Holding to bring back Plymouth...

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler are under the Chrysler hat. Daimler is maintaining a less than 20% holding in the new Chrysler Holding being formed.

Hard to believe the difference in the 36 Billion$ 9 years ago and the piddly sum today. In fact, it looks like when all is said and done, Dailmler will actually be PAYING out 650 million. Daimler's shareholders have been trying to get Daimler to dump Chrysler for better than 6 years now. Too bad we can't get Chrysler Holding to bring back Plymouth...
Why in the hell would they bring back a meaningless name plate? Or is that an attempt at sarcasm?

Bart

I hear the new Liberty will look amazingly similar to a new Dodge product that was introduced in the last year or so.