CJ-7 Cage Pics

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
Just wanted to share a few pics of my new CJ-7 cage. It was built by Vonksi and ILean out at RockLogic 4x4. I am extremely pleased with how it turned out. They really did a good job on it.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Well I want to chime in....I'll be the pesimist.....
Why is there an ALL TERRAIN on the floor of the shop?
I am glad to see you at least threw in a little support for the rear kickers. Why not throw in a full support? You know a triangulated bar from corner to corner. Fairly extensive driver cage though. Looks like the shop is like mine. IN MY HOUSE :D What was the rough price of said work if I may be so nosey?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
The all-terrain is one of Von's, he uses them for street tires--the SX's don't like pavement driving too much.

The rear kickers received as much support as they could while maintaining full access to, and use of, the rear seat. One day perhaps, the decision will be made to throw out the rear seat permanently--at that point, the rear half of the cage can be redone or added to, as well as triangulating across the main hoop.

As far as pricing goes...that's definitely a topic I don't want to get into here.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Rocklogic just finished the bending of the main tubes for my cage. I also must say, very impressive work. I'll post the pics when it's finished.

What's wrong w/ AT's? Those BFG AT's will eat up a Bogger on slickrock. There used to be guys that ran those in competitions and did very well. They just don't have the sidewall strength.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Originally posted by GroceryGetter
Rocklogic just finished the bending of the main tubes for my cage. I also must say, very impressive work. I'll post the pics when it's finished.

What's wrong w/ AT's? Those BFG AT's will eat up a Bogger on slickrock. There used to be guys that ran those in competitions and did very well. They just don't have the sidewall strength.

AT's have plenty of strength for me when I had them on my baja Taco. vrooommmm

Brett

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
well the at's are for poser street trucks :)
The price must be the way he plans on getting another shop :) all-pro eat your heart out.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Originally posted by Skyetone
The price must be the way he plans on getting another shop :) all-pro eat your heart out.

easy tiger... I haven't seen anyone negatively post anything about our quality or pricing. As for AT's, I'm OK with being a "poser" on the street.

Last edited:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member

That must be why the Assassin ran them for a couple competitions. All Avalanche does is build poseur trucks. Would you have more respect if he pawned off the at's and bought some Thornbirds? Thornbirds are for poseurs, at's are for people with enough sense to not waste the 10k miles they get out of their swampers by driving around town all day. You can buy 1 set of at's and use the swamps for trail,or you can buy 5 sets of swamps and use them for dual duty and just put a new set on every 6 months.

? Am I missing something? Does this sentence make sense to anyone? Are you attempting to say that he probably won't post his prices because they are expensive and that is how he is going to afford a shop? Maybe I'm confused. :confused:

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
damn!!! Teach me to poke a little fun at someone I actually have met and talked to!! I thought that the board here knew it was a JOKE Relax!! Yes thornbirds kick total ass!!! I am just thinking it is great that we all start our "shop" out of our garage. the AT thing is just cuz its a 4x4 offroad agresive tread style conversation and there was an AT. :rolleyes: It's all good and it was sapposed to be funny.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
No prob... I thought you were trying to stir something up. This board has it's slow moments at times ya know. :rolleyes:
You're right, we did meet once a year or so ago, but I don't remember much about ya.