Wanted CJ5 parts

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I fixed an old 72 CJ5 for a friend years ago and now it is coming back for some needed maintenance. While I am giving it a tune up and some fixes I would like to add some extras. We put on a Warn 8000 winch on it but they lost the controller so I need to find one. I would also like to add some kind of top to it either a soft top, bikini top or hard top. This Jeep was a Confer converted Jeep with a roll cage, tire carrier and skid plates so the top may have fit issues. Once I get it I'll see if it needs more parts.IMGP5119.jpeg

Last edited:

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
When do you need it? I'll try to dig it up tonight or tomorrow but am headed on a family vacation pdq that would delay delivery
No big rush. He wanted it running good before labor day but a top can come later. I just want to keep the pigeons in his barn from pooping on the seats.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
One of the things I need to fix are the seats. The original seats sat out in the weather for 30 years and were junk. I found some Dodge van seats and I fit in them just fine. My friend however doesn't fit well since he is taller. I found a complete set of BestTop YJ front and rear seats that I plan on trying. They also knocked off the muffler and tailpipe on a trail and it sounds like a tank.

Pile of parts

Come and get them. If your friend feels obligated, I drink Dr. Pepper or a cheap gift card to somewhere to eat. Again, only if he feels obligated. Doors and top are dirty. Top needs small repair near the back passenger corner but, you said you know someone with an industrial sewing machine.

20230816_174917.jpg20230816_174950.jpg

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I got the Jeep down from the ranch and started working on it. Looks like the carb is flooding so I'll be working on that. He needs some mirrors as they lost one and the other is cracked. I thought I had some in my parts piles but can't find them.