Cleaning off overspray

lewis

Fight Till You Die
What should I use to clean off some overspray? I spray painted my front axle and forgot to cover up the rest of my truck. The overspray is not visible but it can be felt. I cleaned it off the windows with carb cleaner but wasn't sure if that would hurt my paint.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
What should I use to clean off some overspray? I spray painted my front axle and forgot to cover up the rest of my truck. The overspray is not visible but it can be felt. I cleaned it off the windows with carb cleaner but wasn't sure if that would hurt my paint.

Don't use a solvent. There's a Meguir's clay bar that you'll really enjoy.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Will I enjoy it because it requires alot of elbow grease? Will the clay bar help with the rockymountain pinstrips I have acquired this summer?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Will I enjoy it because it requires alot of elbow grease? Will the clay bar help with the rockymountain pinstrips I have acquired this summer?

It's not too bad elbow grease wise. It's amazing how easy it cuts the overspray off, though.

You will need a quick buff afterwards.

toyinator

Ive used a slight amount of gas on a rag and it has taken it right off. Never had a vehicle with amazing paint to worry about though. Never did any noticeable damage, still polished up like a top with some maguires NXT paste wax :) I would recommend Maguiers anything to anyone, especially NXT wax