Cleaning up a PC

RogueJeepr

Here!
Had my brother build me a new PC years ago and it hardly gets used anymore but......... I have a ton of videos I need to finish for a DVD and it's not letting me.

Any recommendations for cleaning this up and I'll also need to upgrade the Windows ???

(I think it's Windows 8. It's says no longer any support for this).

That's about all this will get used for (pics and vids)

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Windows 8 isn't exactly my favorite but it's almost tolerable. Windows 10 is more tolerable than 8 but still not ideal in my mind. By "clean up" what do you mean? If you have some browser hijacker programs, I have pretty good luck with ADWCleaner in "safe" mode.

Get a Mac. LOL. Windows 8 and 10 suck

Mac isn't quite the silver bullet the iBoys want to make it out to be. They certainly have their issues.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I have mac and windows machines... Mac used to be the shiz, but their latest OS's suck. I was hard nose windows 7 guy, I recently made the switch to windows 10 and I actually don't have issues with it. You can also use it for free if you can tolerate the "activate windows" ghost font on your desktop. To use all the features you need to buy, but I haven't found anything I've needed. So i'm just saving the coin and dealing with the ghost font.

shortstraw8

Yeah, what do you mean by "clean"? Can it not save new files because it is too full disk space wise?
CCleaner and malware bytes for anything virus related.

If it is disk space issues, I have some older hdd drives 300gb(I think) that I will part with since the media server I was going to add SAN to hardly runs anymore. Or I have some super old 20gb and 70gb that you could just have.
Or just run and by a passport drive from costco.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I run windows 7 bootcamped on my Mac. I use it for autocad. Windows 7 is stable I hardly ever fails. And autocad on a Mac sucks unfortunately. And the piping design programs I use don't work on OS unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk