Cliffhanger. Whats the word?

DToy

I was on Cliffhanger on March 6th, it was definitely easier than it used to be. Several of the fun spots have been filled in with dirt. Still a fun trail, but more like an easy Sunday afternoon trail than the 4 - 4+ trail that it used to be. I did 95% of the trail in 2 wheel drive in my 4Runner with 37's. Maybe it's been dug out a little more since then by the Jeep Safari crowd?

Clutch

I was on Cliffhanger over the weekend. Most of the trail is the same except for the main obsticale on the rocky ledge. It is a dirt ramp.
We dragged an H2 through the trail. He needed to be spotted in a couple spots.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
IMO, the hardest parts of the trail are in the first 500 yards. How are those? The only obstacle I had to try twice with my locked wrangler on 33's was the obstacle between the entrance and the stream, right below and around the corner from the 3' ledge. How's that one?
Devin

BURB-STYLE

WhiTe tRash whEEling
I went on it sun 3/27 and it is not a 4-4+ anymore. There are some cool obstacles but you could get around everyone of them if you had too. Pretty views though its at least worth the short trip in and out. 8.6 miles round trip.

wildkid

...Jeepless...
Over EJS we ran it. The entrance right off the road has been filled on the right hand side (as you look down the trail) The left side is still pretty much the same with all the ledges (small ones).

The next obstacle is what used to be a 4+ foot ledge, it's about 2 1/2 - 3 ft now.

The crack which used to cause a little tippy feeling is filled.

Across the river the climb has been filled in on the left-hand side, not as tippy for shorter wheelbases anymore. The right side still has a good 5 ft ledge, but is filled in at the base making it easier to get up that way.

Along the way the main trail has been filled almost everywhere. There are not as many tippy areas anymore. The mid-point obstacle still has the 6-7 ft ledge on the left side, but the "switch-back" is too easy.

On the back-side, the once nerve-racking climb back out is smooth and does not generate any palm sweat as in the past.

I'd say it's about a 3 now days.