Clutch Probs. Help! ! ! !

GreenYJ

The other day I was driving home from work and my clutch pedal felt a little soft. The fluid was fine, but just for the sake of doing it I bled the clutch....ALOT. After bleeding the **** out of my clutch and the condition is still the same. How do I know if it is the Master or Slave Cylinder.
This is the deal:
I pump it until it feels like it should. Then I start shifting and driving around as usual and the pedal slowly gets softer and softer to the point where I can't shift gears. At this point I can pump it about 5-7 times and then it gets a little better and I can shift once or twice before I have to repeat the pumping. At no point is it where it used to be.

I took the Slave off of the Transmission and looked for any signs of external leakage. None found. I need help fast. I am going out of town monday and need to get it fixed before I go.

S

sukaB

Sounds like slave to me...
Edit: Oh yah is it leaking from the tranny anywhere?

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
GreenYJ said:
Actually.....never got to the constrictor...

And no there isn't any leakage from what I could tell.

Which YJ were you in? There were 2. We lost one on Rattlesnake with a rear end problem, and left one at the bottom of the Con. I'll have to agree, sounds like the master needs to be rebuilt/replaced

Last edited: