Coilover suspinsion

K85k03

I have a 94 Cherokee that I plan on putting full size axles under with a coilovers on the front and 1/4 eleptical in the rear. I was wondering how would I go about mathematically figureing out how to make the three point for the rear, the 4 point for the front, and how to get it to ride evenly, hopefully when Iam done riding like it has 8" or more of lift. I apreciate all the help I can get, and I wont be able to start this project for another 6 months so I have time to do all the math drawings until the work begins. thanks.

Kyle

ace

Parts Collector
sims_02tt.jpg

Last edited:
S

sukaB

Perfect example of why not to do-it yourself....
How much money will that be after five years of breakin stuff...
Is that Hickey's garage....? ;)

K85k03

how about some pics of cherokees with three point and four point.

Well I know this is a big can of worms, and thats why Iam doing it. I love doing things that are a total Challenge. I will admit that I think that it will be very costly, but my opinion is that the pros outweigh the cons. so any help from you guys and gals is apreciated. Thanks, and how about some ideas and pics from ya'll. Thanks again.

Kyle

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Greg said:
What are you planning on mounting the upper Coilover Mounts to?

AHHHH the eternal chero-car question.... "So....whatcha gonna weld (insert super important detail) to...?? Its all sheet-metal!!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

K85k03

Aaaahh

Well thought about it long before. I plan on building reinforcements, all the way down the "frame" I plan on boxing the so called "frame" with 1/4" steel on both sides. O and by the way I have welded my nerf bars to the "sheet metal" o and I can pick up the jeep with just the nerf bars. an serveral times have I only had the bars holding the weight of the jeep. so how about some help with this project.

Caleb

K85k03 said:
Well thought about it long before. I plan on building reinforcements, all the way down the "frame" I plan on boxing the so called "frame" with 1/4" steel on both sides. O and by the way I have welded my nerf bars to the "sheet metal" o and I can pick up the jeep with just the nerf bars. an serveral times have I only had the bars holding the weight of the jeep. so how about some help with this project.

before you get all pissy you better go read the VERY FIRST reply...if you want us to do the work for you then think again...let me say it again, go to www.pirate4x4.com/forum and SEARCH...all the info you will ever need and then some is there...

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Read all you want, you may understand it, you may not. What worked for me was to sit down with a Very Nice person and talk about how it all works. Then I went back and read all the POR stuff and it made sence.

Cody has done what you are trying to do. He may offer some good advise.
Good for you for wanting to take on a project like this.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
don't jump my shat...we are running a cherokee in competetion and guess what....it works good.....

BUT

Ask anyone that has wheeled a unibody HARD....there comes a time in the life of the vehicle despite your best efforts where it starts to literally tear itself in half!! If you want a vehicle that will be with you 15 years down the road and still wheeling hard...pick something else, we are only running a cherokee because it was free!!

click on my signature and check out our rig...we love it but it is disposible...

K85k03

Sorry.

Sorry ya'll Iam not triing to sound pissy although I do sound pissy. To tell you the truth I would like any suggestion right now. Iam open minded and iam yet to began the project. I have this cherokee. that I bought from a friend he roled it and he only had 500 miles on the 4" lift. And well inorder for me to drive it around I had to cut the top-off. I built a rolecage for it but I want more out of it. I figure I've done this much do it. and I have nothing else to hurt on it. Its only a trail rig. But if I do decide to go on with the chero how should I support the upper mounts for the coilovers. I was thinking of basically boxing in the so called "frame" usinge 1/4" steal on both sides then running a bolt through it all so support it. instead of welding or maybe welding every 6" or so. This is just what I've been thinking. I have never done anything like this so I don't know if it is worth trying. Thanks. and Your right I found everything I needed for the fourlink on Pirate. sorry again.

Kyle