Come on Utah... Really?

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I really can't see foul language leading to violence very often. Look, I'm a retired sailor, I've cleaned up my langauge a lot over the years. But I promise, you will likely hear me swear in the course of even casual conversation. Violence doesn't begin with foul language, but with people that have no self control. I've been through anger management and see a much better path through things than before. I mainly see this as an issue of the loss of civility and in general, being decent to your fellow human being. I'm not going out of my way to irritate you, and I'd appreciate the same in return. Sort of like the "old" Golden Rule... But too many these days feel they are more "special" than those around them, or the rules don't apply.

Maybe we should go to Ogden, as a massive group and swear at each other on opposite street corners?

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Anything to get readers clicking on their ads. I'm betting this was a conversation overheard at a urinal that the reporter decided to turn into a "story."

I'm not denying the fact that there are people out there who would love to outlaw foul language, but I highly doubt any mayors or high-ranking decision makers are seriously considering this.

If so, it would definitely make a mockery of their soon to be short lived political career.

I think that Ogden has much bigger problems than this.

truth!

I think it boils down to people don't want to confront the language "abuser". Instead of actually saying something like, "Sir, your language is fairly offensive to me and my children. Would you mind toning it down a little?" they just call their legislators when they get home.

This is spot on. A lot of passive aggressive behavior out there.

FWIW. I now live in new mexico and what is considered the good side of albuquerque are the places everyone was scrambling to get out of in SLC. Forget about going downtown, the zoo, or any other place with family unless you are prepared for the worst. It's like living in another country here. Like the story listed in KSL, Utah has it's quirks, but i will say that all in all, the family values mindset has made it a great place to live.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Hey, if I wanna spend some quality family time in Ogden and get dunk and tell my neighbors son he pitches like a sissy and sucks #$%^ for $%@^# and smells like h&*k$rs ##$^ then g-dammit i should be able to! :busted: