Community opinion.

poorboyzdreamz

poorboyzdreamz
A lot of you don't know me but I know a lot of you. And trust a lot of your advice. I am going to ask a few questions and would appreciate any comments made good or bad.
1: If you were looking for a new shop to buy from what types of products would you like to see on hand?
2: What city or part of town would you travel to to get said parts.
3: What is more important to you. Price? Customer service? Knowledge? Availability?
4: Are you more likely to buy from a big box retailer or a smaller family oriented company?
Thanks in advance for your input.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I'll drive an hour for parts if the customer service and community support is good. Everything else being equal, I'll buy local before from a national chain.

Chevycrew

I like seeing parts hands on before I purchase and driving an hour is no issue. But if something has to be ordered (like most parts in our sport) I might as well order it myself and have it delivered to the house. Price is also a pretty big deal. It all adds up when building a rig.

AaronPaige

I like customer service I'll spend way more and more often even if it's out of my way if you know what your talking about and good to work with...

I'll buy locally if the price is reasonable and/or I want to touch/see item before buying. In these cases, I'll drive anywhere along the Wasatch Front. Otherwise, online is easier and usually cheaper.

rondo

rondo
I care about customer service and honesty above all else. Would drive 2 hours for someone I trust. there have been so many sorry a$$ dishonest no integrity lying shops in Utah that I #gasp# started building all my own stuff. really.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
1.Reliability/quality, 2. Price, 3. Location, in that order. In the old days it was all about price because of living pay check to pay check.