Commuter

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
Looking for a commuter car. Around $3000. Requirements good gas mileage and reliable. What is there out there. I have been on ksl and have an idea what I'm looking for, but open to other ideas.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Good luck with the search, I recently picked up a little Jetta TDI. I also found that 3k doesn't get you what it used to, in my search pretty much anything under 5k was total junk.

DToy

I picked up a 98 Rav4 about 8 months ago for $2700. It gets around 28 mpg, great in the snow, and enough ground clearance to explore dirt roads. Been a great car for me to commute in

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I flip cheap commuters through work. All mine are usually below 1300 and through e/i already. I haven't had to hold onto one more then a day i the last couple years. Prepping a 1999 grand prix right now with 191k. runs and drives well. But a couple weeks out

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I have a Golf Tdi at our dealership, but you are looking at 6K, you can drive it forever and not even think about filling up the tank... My next car will be a Diesel for sure, My wife has a new Chevy Spark, they are way cheap for a new car, she has averaged 38mpg over 30000 miles now. It has saved us more in gas then it has cost us, you can pick them up used for 11k now and we average 42-44 on freeway trips down south. Something like that might be worth it depending what you are doing, just a thought.

Last edited: