Comp. Gurus

RamToy

Wickha Wickha Wa
Thats computer gurus. Not competition gurus.

Im trying to upload song files to my cell phone ( SHarp TM-150 ). According to the owners manual and T-Mobile the phone can handle/support Midi files and WAVE files. I have been able to send midi files with *.mid extensions and play them on my phone. But when i go to send *.wav files my phone recieves the tone but wont play or save it to the phone. Called T-Mobile and they said that the files have to have a *.wave extension but i cant find anything that will convert to WAVE sound files that have *.wave extensions just only *.wav files. I always thought that they were the same thing, but maybe in Windows and not cell technology. Is there a difference between wav and waves ?

Any one have a Sharp TM-150 ? Or know of a program that can convert to *.wave extensions ?

Last edited:

Terrible Paulsy

100% Evil Conservative
I think they're pulling your leg. It shouldn't matter that the file ext is WAV instead of WAVE. Just like it doesn't matter if the pic is .JPG or .JPEG, or a movie file is .MPG or .MPEG. How much storage room do you have on your phone, and how big is the file you're uploading? .WAV files are really big (about 10 times the size of MP3's for the same song/sounds). Maybe you're running out of room. Or maybe I'm talking out my butt. If other "gurus" want to correct me, I'm all ears.

RamToy

Wickha Wickha Wa
hand set i have about 2 Meg left.. file size is only 140K.

I always thought that was the case.. JPEG=JPG WAVE=WAV MPEG=MPG but maybe it is the same in full operating systems platforms. Maybe this cell phone cant do any sort of conversion like an operating system could. But thats why im asking.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
RamToy said:
hand set i have about 2 Meg left.. file size is only 140K.

I always thought that was the case.. JPEG=JPG WAVE=WAV MPEG=MPG but maybe it is the same in full operating systems platforms. Maybe this cell phone cant do any sort of conversion like an operating system could. But thats why im asking.
Rename them if it doesn't matter. If you don't have the option for viewing file extensions do this:
browse to where you have the files.
Click Tools, Folder Options, click View in the folder options and uncheck the "Hide extensions for known file types" Apply/OK then right click on the file and choose rename.

Caleb

Terrible Paulsy said:
I think they're pulling your leg. It shouldn't matter that the file ext is WAV instead of WAVE. Just like it doesn't matter if the pic is .JPG or .JPEG, or a movie file is .MPG or .MPEG. How much storage room do you have on your phone, and how big is the file you're uploading? .WAV files are really big (about 10 times the size of MP3's for the same song/sounds). Maybe you're running out of room. Or maybe I'm talking out my butt. If other "gurus" want to correct me, I'm all ears.

I agree with this...I'm not sure of the size limit but most phones can only receive a certain size or smaller attachment...I know I was emailing some pics to my phone the other day and it was doing the same thing, I resized the pics so they were much smaller and it went through just fine...