Concrete

lilsamiman

Stupid TV, be more funny!
I am that brother. Sorry it took me a while to post. I would be happy to do it. I would want to do it in 2 6ish yards pours. And would rather have full size trucks come in for it. I have always been paid a little for setup (no excavating) and charge $1.25 a square foot for finishing but since you are getting a RME discount, I will go down to an even dollar. I could get a yard for about 114.00 a yard. That is with all the enviro fees and taxes. Yeah its that high now. Ask any questions. So to answer your question. Your should expect to pay $2200, maybe just a shade over.

Last edited:

Caleb

I am that brother. Sorry it took me a while to post. I would be happy to do it. I would want to do it in 2 6ish yards pours. And would rather have full size trucks come in for it. I have always been paid a little for setup (no excavating) and charge $1.25 a square foot for finishing. I could get a yard for about 114.00 a yard. That is with all the enviro fees and taxes. Yeah its that high now. Ask any questions.
Once the snow melts and I can get some accurate measurements, I may be getting in touch with you if you're interested.

ALF

SURE!?
I am that brother. Sorry it took me a while to post. I would be happy to do it. I would want to do it in 2 6ish yards pours. And would rather have full size trucks come in for it. I have always been paid a little for setup (no excavating) and charge $1.25 a square foot for finishing but since you are getting a RME discount, I will go down to an even dollar. I could get a yard for about 114.00 a yard. That is with all the enviro fees and taxes. Yeah its that high now. Ask any questions. So to answer your question. Your should expect to pay $2200, maybe just a shade over.

let me get some accurate measurements also. Fullsize trucks are preffered and the spot where they will be pouring is easily accessed. If you can't do excavation I'll need to get that done first but my neighbor does that. Thanks for the info

lilsamiman

Stupid TV, be more funny!
Also, always order heavy. Its better to spend money and have and extra half yard go to waste than to have to little. If your need like a yard for example, the MINIMUM is 2 yards, anyless doesnt mix in the truck. And under five yards they slap you with a 150 short load fee. I would suggest 12.5, unless the grade it peeerrrfect.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
lilsamiman...

I too have a pad that needs pouring, how early is too early in the season? I can have it all prepped (its a sandbox surrounded by cement on all sides now. I'll get some measurements.

rondo

rondo
There is a company called U Cart and you can get 3 yards at a time. You pick it up in a mini concrete mixer trailer. Very cool, then you just need some beer and some friends. :D

Make that....lots of beer...:rofl::rofl:

Yep,
this is who i used to pour my patio and got my neighbors to help. It's way cheaper than going with a truck, if you're pouring a small pad.
with that said,
I suspect you are pouring a big pad and could easily use a cement truck,,,so go that route because towing the ucrete trailer any distance is time consuming and stressful. (read heavy) and you have to pour small sections at a time.
get someone who really knows what they are doing. I helped a friend do his pad for free one saturday just so i could learn how to do this. mistakes are costly and there are some special tools and techniques you need to have to get it done.
don't be ashamed to hire a professional either.

73fj55

I Know Turd Ferguson
I suspect you are pouring a big pad and could easily use a cement truck,,,so go that route because towing the ucrete trailer any distance is time consuming and stressful. (read heavy) and you have to pour small sections at a time.
get someone who really knows what they are doing. I helped a friend do his pad for free one saturday just so i could learn how to do this. mistakes are costly and there are some special tools and techniques you need to have to get it done.
don't be ashamed to hire a professional either.

We have helped some friends and others with the U-cart method. It is nice for small pads, but, for large projects it aint great. The mud after a couple of months and/or longer does not hold up like regular truck mud.

Happy to help anyone with questions or projects.

ALF

SURE!?
Add me to the list for late spring. About the same size as ALF.
Sounds like a roaming work party coming up... :)

Maybe everyone that wants one should get together and we can roam house to house each weekend and save each other some cash I'm more than willing to work and take directions quite well just don't know what I'm doing.

As far as the u cart it method sounds to me as long as you need at least a full truck (sunds like i need 2) its the better way to go

73fj55

I Know Turd Ferguson
Maybe everyone that wants one should get together and we can roam house to house each weekend and save each other some cash I'm more than willing to work and take directions quite well just don't know what I'm doing.

As far as the u cart it method sounds to me as long as you need at least a full truck (sunds like i need 2) its the better way to go

Sounds good to me!!! Kind of the habitat for humanity thing for RME!!!!

Lets get a calendar together and start scheduling these things out!!!!!

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I've helped putting in concrete, basements, driveways, etc. I think a lot of the work comes from what expectations are. Don't get me wrong it's important to make sure it's smooth and finished but I've helped guys that are still pushing a float around when you can almost walk on it. :ugh:

I'm hoping to put one in this spring... :hickey:

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
I'm in too!! We'll be needing a fair amount of cement work....No drive way at all!! Oh and need to build a deck, and remove a wall, and build a garage, and, and, and move....
Starting around the end of April....

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Does that mean you found a place???

I'm in too!! We'll be needing a fair amount of cement work....No drive way at all!! Oh and need to build a deck, and remove a wall, and build a garage, and, and, and move....
Starting around the end of April....

73fj55

I Know Turd Ferguson
Calendar

It seems like we have a lot of people that are willing to help and be helped. Would a calendar of where we will be on a certain day, weekend, weeknight, etc help?...so everyone will know when to be where.

Let me know, I know that we could make a public calendar through google.