Constrictor Cleanup Organization!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
This Thread is for the Organization of the Constrictor Cleanup/Restoration/Sign Posting next Saturday. Only those orginizing the Cleanup may post here!!

Once the details are hammered out, we'll post a FAQ & questions will be answered there! Please save your questions till then.

Subjects to address-

Meeting Place?

Start Time?

Needed Tools?

Total # of people & rigs wanted?

Rodeo Extraction?

Sign planting?

Anything else you can think of???

Shawn, Kurt, EZ & Brandon.... This is for you to work out the details, have at it!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
National Public Lands Day - Fivemile Pass
Saturday, September 20, 2003
9:00a.m. to Noon

Six different work projects:
1. General litter cleanup
2. "No Shooting" singning and GPS data collection
3. Manning Canyon sign replacement and monitoring
4. Placement of fire rings
5. Youth OHV Education Class (must pre-register) 8am
6. Utah Trail Patrol Training

For all of the different work projects, just show up and be ready to work... I would consider the Rodeo removal General litter cleanup... be there early and be prepared.

To get there:
Take Lehi exit 285 and head West on Hwy 73 for 21 miles. The booth will be set up at the Tooele/Utah County line, you will see several ramadas as well as a fire Engine ans Smoky the Bear.

There will also be a raffle!

Thats all for now!

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Need criticisms- going to cut tommorow!! This is what I've come up with for the "Rattlesnake" sign.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
The "Please pack out all trash and keep area clean" may have to be shortened up. I'll see when it hits the cutter tommorow.

Who has the 3/8" plate?

We want to cut it to the same dimensions as the fronts, right?

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Looks nice. I thought we concluded that RS is a 3.5, but other than that it seems great. I think a 5 falls in the double black diamond category but a single works as well. Can't wait to sink that bad boy in the ground!:)

EZ

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
so kurt are we still using the original list of people and there particulars to bring? If so how /where do we see who's got what? Like in a different thread there was talk of generators, if so I'm sawzalled in. If I have extra water who has glasses. ext.

On the sign if it isn't to late, maybe center the text?

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Let's not get too sidetracked with the sign deal.......it doesn't look like it will be done by this Sat anyway and to tell you guys the truth it may not be best to be sinking signs when the BLM is looking under every rock for trash.

Nearly any of the projects listed above in Kurts post would be fun to do, particularly the GPS ones. We need a few volunteers to work specifically on the Rodeo removal. I know everyone would like to be there but I think if the group is too large it will just hinder the operation. Shawn......thoughts?

EZ

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I agree, three rigs on the trail should do. One to pull it, and the others to winch it side to side. Extra hands to push/pull and remove left over clutter would be nice to.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by EZRhino
Let's not get too sidetracked with the sign deal.......it doesn't look like it will be done by this Sat anyway and to tell you guys the truth it may not be best to be sinking signs when the BLM is looking under every rock for trash.

EZ

Good point, EZ. Let's plan a diffrent day for the sign placing.

Shawn, do you have 3 vehicles lined-up that will be there to pull the Rodeo out?

S

sukaB

I think it would be a great idea to get two trucks above the rodeo cause then they can wheel down behind and have someplace for people to throw the trash in as the walk the rodeo out!

The signs are great. BLM will love eemm but it is always smart to ask em first..

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
OK... so here it goes on getting the Rodeo out...

Shawn...
SukaB...

And we need one other "capable" rig... Ollies would be great for trash...

Everyone is correct.... lets do the signs another weekend, that gives OCNORB plenty of time and then the rest of us time to get them assembled/painted...

As far as help on Constrictor... three rigs is plenty... mabey 4-5 walkers to grab trash as well...

The rest can concentrate on the other BLM projects as well as a general area cleanup (RS, etc)

Who else wants to do the Con? I am willing to take my truck but need to fix a couple small Rubocon things before I can take it... otherwise I will just bring the Taco...

jp008

Mine will make it up, however it does not hold a great deal of trash. I am headed to R/S Friday night and will be camping just before the trail head in the cedars. I have no rear seat and do not care where and how items are placed (as long as it doesn't smack me in the head on the way down). I'm up for it if. Let me know.