convertable toyota pick up

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
now i need to make a metal plate to go across the top of the windsield frame to connect to the removable top and another plate across the removable top

IMG00334.jpg

Last edited:

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
the kindergarten trick worked pretty good the first time so i figured id try it again
IMG00335.jpg

here is the paper cut out
IMG00336.jpg

and here is the matal cut out welded to the frame, sorry i forgot to take a picture of just the metal cutout before i welded it on. notice i welded it to the rold cage i figure maybe it will give the windshield a little bit more support
IMG00338.jpg

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
here is the top. welding and grinding this sucked btw
IMG00340.jpg

IMG00345.jpg

heres the bolts that bolt it together, i welded the nut in place so that it only take one 14mm wrench to take the top off
IMG00347.jpg

heres the truck with the top resting on it
IMG00344.jpg

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Nice work Rob.. Any spray cans in the near future? That rig is in need of a fresh coat..

BTW.. If I see stuff in the photos that are mine, can I come get them? ;)

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
no, no you can not. and i want back the things that you already took back that were yours to begin with. and yes it desperatly needs repainting, he says in the next few days he wants to paint it yellow

Last edited:

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
heres the bottom of the b pillar with primer on it
IMG00351.jpg

here is the seem on the roof line, worked out with a really tight fit, this is even with some thin weather stripping inside, we shall see how it holds up to rain. welding and grinding that seem twice totally sucked, but the end results were good.
IMG00354.jpg

heres the top of the windshield frame
IMG00350.jpg

i decided that adding a layer of silicone to all the welds on the inside of the roof would be a good idea to prevent leaks
IMG00349.jpg

Last edited:

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
here is the finished truck with everything off
IMG00352.jpg

and here it is with everything on
IMG00353.jpg

this turned out super sweet and im very happy with the results. if i were to do it over again i decided(earlier today after it was all done) it would be sweet to cut the bolt pattern off the back of a first gen 4runner cab and weld it to the windshield frame, then you could maybe make the top seal better and it would look more factory. if anyone wants to try this and wants to see more pics ill be happy to post them

Last edited:

rollover

Robby,

Get ready for the phone calls from everyone who wants a convertible hard top conversion by
"Robby's Back Yard Body Works". :rofl:

Nice job!

Last edited: